Cross Dressing

I really don't understand what the issue is here.

Why is there a need for male and female toilets anyway ?

Do away with the antiquated and disgusting urinal and have unisex cubicle only toilets facilities

This is the 21st century after all

On 12/09/2019 at 17:02, Lockdoctor said:

I read somewhere that in Philadelphia they have a law that all new public buildings have to build gender neutral toilets as well as male and female ones to cater for the crossdressing  men.  Women shouldn't be expected to use the same toilets as men pretending to be women.

Why not ?

Edited by Daven

On 12/09/2019 at 16:16, ANGELFIRE1 said:

In this gender tolerant society we have been encouraged to become, if you are male but identify as a woman on a particular day I assume you can quite legally use female facilities. Likewise a Lady may identify as a male on a particular day, and is legally allowed to use male facilities I assume We reap what we sow.

On breakfast telly the other day they were discussing gender, apparently there are now 98 different genders, yes 98.

Here are a few of them.

• Agender
  • Androgyne
  • Androgynous
  • Bigender
  • Cis
  • Cisgender
  • Cis Female
  • Cis Male
  • Cis Man
  • Cis Woman
  • Cisgender Female
  • Cisgender Male
  • Cisgender Man
  • Cisgender Woman
  • Female to Male
  • FTM
  • Gender Fluid
  • Gender Nonconforming
  • Gender Questioning
  • Gender Variant
  • Genderqueer
  • Intersex
  • Male to Female
  • MTF
  • Neither
  • Neutrois
  • Non-binary
  • Other
  • Pangender
  • Trans
  • Trans*
  • Trans Female
  • Trans* Female
  • Trans Male
  • Trans* Male
  • Trans Man
  • Trans* Man
  • Trans Person
  • Trans* Person
  • Trans Woman
  • Trans* Woman
  • Transfeminine
  • Transgender
  • Transgender Female
  • Transgender Male
  • Transgender Man
  • Transgender Person
  • Transgender Woman
  • Transmasculine
  • Transsexual
  • Transsexual Female
  • Transsexual Male
  • Transsexual Man
  • Transsexual Person
  • Transsexual Woman
  • Two-Spirit

Angel1.

Ha!!

ridiculous.

3 hours ago, Daven said:

Why not ?

Because it's common decency to have public toilets that only women use.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Shouldn't women be able to choose rather than have it decided for them?

It's common here in France to have public toilets that can be used by men and women. Urinals, if any, are usually in a separate screened section.

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Well, my house isn’t commonly decent then, because all my toilets are open

to anyone.

I’ve been in Bordeaux, on business for the last two weeks. Every single bar and restaurant that I’ve visited has unisex toilets. Then again, the French are years ahead of the UK in most things.

On 12/09/2019 at 17:37, max said:

I had a summer job in NZ which involved keeping the beaches and public facilities cleared and cleaned.  I could get away with a mop and bucket in the gents' toilet but with the women's I had to use a high pressure hose to clean out all the used sanitary towels and screwed up toilet paper which was left all over the floor.

I'd rather clean a male toilet than a female one.  In my experience women 's toilets are disgusting.

14 hours ago, Daven said:

I really don't understand what the issue is here.

Do away with the antiquated and disgusting urinal and have unisex cubicle only toilets facilities

Why not ?

One reason for me is if I'm to leave myself prone (you know undressed) I do it in a managed area where I know roughly what to expect.

Another reason for toilets to be gendered is that Women use them for other things i.e. menstruation, pregnancy related issues and sadly miscarriages.

It isn't women being violent and committing sex crimes.

In many cases (myself included) the toilet is a safe haven especially if you've experienced sexual violence.

If transgender people are suffering similar things then surely they too want a safe space, why expose women to the risk?

It goes without saying that abusive men could just stop abusing of course, that'd be easier.

9 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Well, my house isn’t commonly decent then, because all my toilets are open

to anyone.

I’ve been in Bordeaux, on business for the last two weeks. Every single bar and restaurant that I’ve visited has unisex toilets. Then again, the French are years ahead of the UK in most things.

There is a difference between toilets in your own house and public toilets. 

Unisex toilets are good as long as there are women only and men only toilets as well. The French were years behind civilised countries regarding toilets because it was only a few years ago when it was common for people visiting France to be expected to use a hole in the ground for a toilet.

Unisex toilets have lockable cubicles - the only area where those using the toilets are likely to meet is when they are washing their hands .

Why do the cubicles need to be marked for male or females - what difference would that make ?

33 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Unisex toilets are good as long as there are women only and men only toilets as well. The French were years behind civilised countries regarding toilets because it was only a few years ago when it was common for people visiting France to be expected to use a hole in the ground for a toilet.

When was the last time you were in France?

These largely disappeared 30 years ago.

16 hours ago, Daven said:

Why not ?

Because men don't act like 21st century citizens, more like cavemen.  

Pee on the seat for starters (and only pee if you're lucky).

Travelmasters say man had a poo on bus before getting off at Strood train station

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/man-caught-defecating-on-bus-212360/

When Great Northern in Manchester first opened there were unisex toilets with a communal hand wash sink like this:

Image result for communal wash basin

It wasn't long before men were peeing into it.

3 hours ago, Longcol said:

When was the last time you were in France?

These largely disappeared 30 years ago.

It's been a while. I don't think I've been since the Channel Tunnel opened. It's good news to hear that the Channel Tunnel has helped France to become a more civilised country.

Regarding gender neutral  toilets  they are a good thing in the strange modern world we live in.  However, it's shameful if gender neutral public toilets are used to replace women only and men only toilets.