Cross Dressing

Have recently been reading a book which  detailed how common this potentially is.... got me wondering just how many people feel ‘trapped by keeping their secret’ thoughts appreciated please... 

Edited by Heather h-m

I doubt very much whether this will ever be generally accepted  by society because of the fact that people find it strange and 'wrong'.  Any deviation from what is seen as the norm will always be viewed with suspicion even though it in no way harms society.

Societies evolve and 'norms' change.  No one will blink an eye in a few years time, and as more markets realise the money they're missing in failing to cater for cross-dressers, not many of us will be able to tell the difference anyway.

Whilst many may shudder at how  'Leslie' was portrayed in Benidorm, this character has actually done a lot to promote more acceptance and helped pave the way for more sympathetic programmes with greater depth.

Edited by Lex Luthor

8 hours ago, wornout53 said:

I doubt very much whether this will ever be generally accepted  by society because of the fact that people find it strange and 'wrong'.  Any deviation from what is seen as the norm will always be viewed with suspicion even though it in no way harms society.

An ever decreasing number of mostly older people.

3 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Societies evolve and 'norms' change.  No one will blink an eye in a few years time, and as more markets realise the money they're missing in failing to cater for cross-dressers, not many of us will be able to tell the difference anyway.

Whilst many may shudder at how  'Leslie' was portrayed in Benidorm, this character has actually done a lot to promote more acceptance and helped pave the way for more sympathetic programmes with greater depth.

I think Eddie Izzard was the most high profile person to openly cross dress that I remember.  The other day heads were being turned, young and old, by a very tall person wearing a really skimpy mini skirt, and full on make up.   This was at lunchtime in a busy shopping centre, and perhaps suggests a desire to attract attention.

You might be right about society evolving, however there is some concern from women who use communal dressing rooms about sharing with someone who is obviously not female  just because they dress in women's clothes.   

Edited by Ms Macbeth

2 hours ago, Halibut said:

An ever decreasing number of mostly older people.

Well, not really. Tolerance for same-sex couples has levelled out in this country, and not everyone is on board, and the sort of people who get offended by gay people will get offended by crossdressers. I'd put that down to religion.

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well, not really. Tolerance for same-sex couples has levelled out in this country, and not everyone is on board, and the sort of people who get offended by gay people will get offended by crossdressers. I'd put that down to religion.

Or some would argue that those who protest their disgust the  loudest about gay people and crossdressers are invariably those who are 'fighting' their own inner desires, feelings  and needs.

Edited by Daven

Cross dressing to me is starting to be accepted more and more so I imagine the people doing it will begin to come out (literally) with more confidence, rightly so I mean I don't particularly understand why people really care, my only reservation is that they at least make an effort. To think that it will come to the point of being normal is a bit ambitious I think, regardless of the majority there will be some people who will disagree with it for whatever reason, that will never go away.  

5 hours ago, Tomm06 said:

Cross dressing to me is starting to be accepted more and more so I imagine the people doing it will begin to come out (literally) with more confidence, rightly so I mean I don't particularly understand why people really care, my only reservation is that they at least make an effort. To think that it will come to the point of being normal is a bit ambitious I think, regardless of the majority there will be some people who will disagree with it for whatever reason, that will never go away.  

Acceptance is one thing (the easy bit); keeping a straight face is another.

12 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

You might be right about society evolving, however there is some concern from women who use communal dressing rooms about sharing with someone who is obviously not female  just because they dress in women's clothes.   

What is their concern?

21 minutes ago, Waj said:

What is their concern?

Because they're still men I'd guess.

Anyone know where I can get some size 12 stilettos 👠👠👠👠👠👠