Geoffrey Boycott Awarded a Knighthood.

On 13/09/2019 at 21:31, Longcol said:

So do all foreign courts have lower standards than in the UK?

I can't recall UK Judges making comments about court cases they were involved in to Newspapers, which is what the Lady French Judge has done this week about the Sir Geoffrey Boycott case.  Any sensible UK person falsely accused of a crime would rather seek justice in a British court than a foreign court.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Any sensible UK person falsely accused of a crime would rather seek justice in a British court than a foreign court.

Crimed are normally tried in the country where they are alleged to have been commited.

Or are you saying a foreigner accused of a crime in Britain should be allowed to be tried in their owm country?

48 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Crimed are normally tried in the country where they are alleged to have been commited.

Or are you saying a foreigner accused of a crime in Britain should be allowed to be tried in their owm country?

Don't be ridiculous.  Sir Geoffrey Boycott has stated the fact the court proceedings were in France and that he doesn't speak French hindered his defence.  I think as a reasonable person he has a valid point.  Also as a reasonable person I don't think he helped himself by trying to conduct his own defence in a foreign country.

I think Sir Geoffrey Boycott deserves the benefit of the doubt given the time that has passed since the conviction and he hasn't had any further brushes with the law since.  Also the fact the alleged victim only received one franc in damages is very strange because I think she deserved much more than that if her story of events is true.

Edited by Lockdoctor

53 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Sir Geoffrey Boycott has stated the fact the court proceedings were in France and that he doesn't speak French hindered his defence. 

What language do you think that French court proceedings should be held in?

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

I think Sir Geoffrey Boycott deserves the benefit of the doubt given the time that has passed since the conviction and he hasn't had any further brushes with the law since.  Also the fact the alleged victim only received one franc in damages is very strange because I think she deserved much more than that if her story of events is true.

The damages are what she asked for. The amount is symbolic.

On 15/09/2019 at 01:37, Top Cats Hat said:

You’re getting desperate now.

What’s next? Gary Glitter was framed and Jimmy Saville was really a good guy? 😱

Theres no disputing the fact that MM was in desperate money trouble at the time the incident was alleged to have taken place,infact she was declared bankrupt almost two years later,or the fact she tried hawking her story around fleet fleet street for money,Max Clifford was one such approach.

Her business partner at the time,to who she owed money,is alleged to have been  told byher that " theyd argued over marriage and Boycott refued to marry her,she got drunk and attacked him and slipped in the process on a marble floor wearing stilletoe heels" in fact she was rarely seen in anything BUT stilletoes.

Boycott had never been accused before or after the trial of anything similar.Boycott always claimed he was asked for 150K to keep it out of court,but refused believing hed be found not guilty and called her nothing but a goldigger.

16 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

Boycott refued to marry her,she got drunk and attacked him and slipped in the process on a marble floor wearing stilletoe heels" in fact she was rarely seen in anything BUT stilletoes.

Amazing that she fell and got bruising round her eyes without damage to her nose.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9897896/margaret-moore-geoffrey-boycott-assault-theresa-may-honours-list/

20 hours ago, Longcol said:

Amazing that she fell and got bruising round her eyes without damage to her nose.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9897896/margaret-moore-geoffrey-boycott-assault-theresa-may-honours-list/

If your going for 150k wouldnt you make an effort to make it at least look convincing?

Its the account she gives her one time friend and business partner thats amazing,after all it not like the friend has anything to lose or gain from her account

Boycott is guilty though.

He’s a convicted violent criminal.

If there is evidence to the contrary, he should have used it to get the verdict quashed.

He didn’t. He’s a convicted domestic abuser. He shouldn’t be knighted.

I spent the 70s and 80s idolising the man, by the way. 

49 minutes ago, staninoodle said:

If your going for 150k wouldnt you make an effort to make it at least look convincing?

Its the account she gives her one time friend and business partner thats amazing,after all it not like the friend has anything to lose or gain from her account

Did Boycott dispute the photographs of these injuries at the trial?

I thought he just said they were caused by a fall (which, looking at the photographs, seems well nigh impossible).

49 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Boycott is guilty though.

He’s a convicted violent criminal.

If there is evidence to the contrary, he should have used it to get the verdict quashed.

He didn’t. He’s a convicted domestic abuser. He shouldn’t be knighted.

I spent the 70s and 80s idolising the man, by the way. 

Hardly violent Petty, One dubious conviction in his whole long life.

14 minutes ago, Padders said:

Hardly violent Petty, One dubious conviction in his whole long life.

One conviction.

For a violent crime.

Therefore, a violent criminal