Geoffrey Boycott Awarded a Knighthood.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

But she did leave us with a pioneering Domestic Abuse Bill.

Which adds more fuel to the irony fire.

40 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Which adds more fuel to the irony fire.

The Irony Lady

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yorkshire cricket legend Geoffrey Boycott was awarded a knighthood in Theresa May’s resignation honours today.

I would have expected at least one thread either congratulating him on a long overdue honour or one saying that it’s a disgrace that a racist, misogynist woman beater is being given an honour at all.

What did he get it for?

14 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What did he get it for?

I believe he and Andrew Strauss were given them for services to cricket.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I believe he and Andrew Strauss were given them for services to cricket.

Both have serviced cricket very well, we still haven’t replaced Strauss at the top of the order. I don’t mind boycott on TMS but, given his conviction for assault I’m not sure he’s Knight-worthy, then again is any cricketer. He’s done great work foryorkshire cricket, and helped raised money for Yorkshire air ambulance. Is boycott the first knight to have knocked his Mrs about? I doubt it. But in 2019 it shouldnt be overlooked.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is boycott the first knight to have knocked his Mrs about? I doubt it. But in 2019 it shouldnt be overlooked.

As always in these things, there are more deserving causes than there are gongs to hand out, so there are many people who could have been chosen who aren’t known for domestic violence.

A tactical error on May’s part (one of many) as the legacy of her worthy domestic abuse work will forever be tainted by association with Boycott’s knighthood.

20 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As always in these things, there are more deserving causes than there are gongs to hand out, so there are many people who could have been chosen who aren’t known for domestic violence.

A tactical error on May’s part (one of many) as the legacy of her worthy domestic abuse work will forever be tainted by association with Boycott’s knighthood.

There are plenty who will say he deserves it. I’m not saying sack him, but equally I’m not saying he deserves something as big as a knighthood.

Margaret Moore was a gold digger,she latched onto Boycott,he was sucked in,shes admitted to relatives she slipped on a marble floor,the bloke was asked for 150K to keep it out of court,if her own family didnt support her,says enough,case wasnt proven.

Lets talk prince Andrew or the various MPS,theres way too much scandle there.

Make Geoff a sir,hes bloody earned it

5 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Margaret Moore was a gold digger,she latched onto Boycott,he was sucked in,shes admitted to relatives she slipped on a marble floor,the bloke was asked for 150K to keep it out of court,if her own family didnt support her,says enough,case wasnt proven.

Boycott was found guilty.

5 hours ago, staninoodle said:

Nice apology for domestic violence there, well done. Wan't some misogyny with your coffee sir?

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

Nice apology for domestic violence there, well done. Wan't some misogyny with your coffee sir?

The poster is just putting the other side to a story that happened nearly 25 years ago.  None of us know the real truth.  Theresa May obviously likes Geoffrey Boycott and likes cricket because she chose two cricketers to award Knighthoods to.  The now Sir Geoffrey Boycott's day should not have been spoilt by all this faux controversy which happened all those years ago.

The bigger issue is should retiring Prime Ministers be allowed to give out honours when they leave office?

11 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not to mention highly ironic as it was Theresa May who name checked him as her inspiration for standing doggedly at the crease in her Brexit innings.

Remind us how that went Theresa? 😵😱😳😂

If Theresa May's hero had a faster run scoring rate she might have managed to implement the democratic 2016 EU referendum result during her time at the crease.

7 hours ago, staninoodle said:

too true, its about this time that claims started coming in from all over the shop and women came out of the woodwork to allege assaults and make claims and it continues today... sad