Schoolgirls Hair

15 hours ago, MEC176 said:

No you can not dress as you want in Offices, Shop's or factorys, some yes but not all and Adult life in a working enviroment is not all sun shine and roses don't miss lead children into thinking that they can do what they want in the work place or they are in for a nasty shock.

You've not picked up on my sarcasm!  I fully support the principle of school uniform.

in our office (law firm) we have a "dress for your day" policy so if you are not facing clients you can come in wearing Jeans etc but the underlying rule is smart/business casual. if there is a chance a client may just turn up on the off chance everyone has a change of clothes in their booth. I, personally, think business attire is outdated and people will feel more comfortable interacting with someone who is dressed "a bit more human" if that makes sense? I was always told wearing a uniform at school was to prepare you for a dress code in the professional world (load of crap). Times have changed, but I agree a uniform should be in place to stop the designer/non designer divide but it should be made affordable I.e. supermarket and not a forced, overpriced purchase. 

p.s. I apologise for crap grammar and spelling, it's late, teething baby etc 😔

On 11/09/2019 at 08:29, ECCOnoob said:

Could not agree more.   

Part of a child's mandatory education is to develop them into the world of adulthood.   That includes introducing concepts such as rules, boundaries and discipline - something which the parents should also be significantly contributing to but far too often dont. 

School uniform is a big part of that.     It avoids the 1001 comparisons and peer pressure from fellow pupils and sets those rules and boundaries at an early age.  Such preparation is obviously important for when these children leave school and have to face the harsh realities of the real world.    That includes being told what one can and cant wear and even sometimes as far as controls on how one can and cant look. 

I never accept this rediculous argument that "...some parents cant afford uniforms..."   Tough.     That is part of the costs of having children.   A cost consideration that should have been thought long and hard about before legs were openened and pants were dropped.  

People bang on about letting children be children but look at the reality here.   If they are under a certain age they will put on whatever clothing mummy or daddy dress then in regardless of personal thought.    If they are over a certain age, then they are old enough to start learning and understanding the rules and boundaries as set out above.

Uniform rules are no hardship either way with the exception of do gooder parents who think that rules are somehow harmful to children. 

Very well said!   Should you have children if you cannot afford to buy them a school uniform?  You know beforehand that this cost is included in the price of raising children in this country.

From a money point of view, if there were no uniforms the children would still have to have clothes to wear for school, and which teenage girl (for example) would be happy to wear the same outfit 5 days a weeks however many weeks of the year? 
While theyre wearing their uniform it saves wear and tear on their other clothes so works out the same (or even cheaper) in the long run.

14 hours ago, nikki-red said:

From a money point of view, if there were no uniforms the children would still have to have clothes to wear for school, and which teenage girl (for example) would be happy to wear the same outfit 5 days a weeks however many weeks of the year? 
While theyre wearing their uniform it saves wear and tear on their other clothes so works out the same (or even cheaper) in the long run.

I agree totally.

School uniforms nowadays are not expensive compared to when my children were at school 25/30 years ago.   These days all the major supermarkets sell very good inexpensive school clothes, even shoes.  The only items of clothing not available at supermarkets are the school

blazer (with badge) and school tie,  and these two items usually last the kids a few years. I have two grandchildren at senior school who come to my house after school for their tea every day Monday to Friday. They always look smart in their uniforms and everything except blazer and tie is from supermarkets.     Of course you can order everything through the school or school shops and have the school logo on such things as PE kit etc  but that is your choice and you pay extra.  Schools do not insist on having their logo on anything other than the blazer ( my daughter is a teacher ) that is purely your choice .... and believe me the kids aren't bothered.