Schoolgirls Hair

It's a good time of year for "Angry People in Local Newspapers"!

I love my uniform.  It means I really don't have to think about what I have to wear each day, it does give me a sense of belonging/achievement - I've earned the right to wear it - it sort of identifies my role as well, and even though I definitely work to live,  my job is part of who I am as a person.

Uniform rules at work are at least as strict as school uniform rules, so school uniform is a good preparation for working life!

8 minutes ago, Becky B said:

It's a good time of year for "Angry People in Local Newspapers"!

I love my uniform.  It means I really don't have to think about what I have to wear each day, it does give me a sense of belonging/achievement - I've earned the right to wear it - it sort of identifies my role as well, and even though I definitely work to live,  my job is part of who I am as a person.

Uniform rules at work are at least as strict as school uniform rules, so school uniform is a good preparation for working life!

It's always a good time of year for angry people in local newspapers.

I'm all for uniforms in school, pretty much for most of the reasons stated above. Things like hair, make up, piercings I feel are the only bit of individuality kids get at school and they should be allowed to express it freely. I found most kids barely cared about wearing the uniform when I was in school. 

I'm all for school uniform as it looks smart and as many have said it ensures everyone looks the shame and nobody gets bullied because they can't afford certain brands of clothing.  However, I do think that school uniform should be reasonably priced or provided by schools.  Also schools need to not go over the top - my daughter recently went to school in a pair of flat, black, plain shoes as requested, she was told not to wear them again as they did not cover the whole foot.  The shoes were in my opinion perfectly suitable for school but I had to pay for another pair.  Keep the uniforms but I think the policies are far to strict.  We have to remember that children are in school to learn and if they are wearing suitable shoes they should be entitled to their education.

On 10/09/2019 at 20:05, nouxnoux said:

Totally agree.  School uniform is  a brilliant leveller. Everyone wearing the same clothes. No designer clothes  or mine's better than yours .  It helps prevent bullying.  Mornings  so much easier as the child knows what he or she has to wear. It's also discipline which some children never get at home.  They also look smart and recognisable and probably less likely to get into mischief because they have their uniforms on to and from school. If parents don't like the idea of uniform why send your child to a school with uniform pick one that doesn't have it or home school. 

Then what about families who can't afford the extortionate prices for many school uniforms, so purchase cheaper alternatives that follow the colour code - they will still get singled out and picked on for not having a 'proper school uniform' - happened to me, I hated school, and the fact that I didn't have a proper uniform, just things that were the correct colour...

On 11/09/2019 at 08:10, steved32 said:

Great preparation for adult life... dress how you like kids, because you can in the office, workplace, shop...

No you can not dress as you want in Offices, Shop's or factorys, some yes but not all and Adult life in a working enviroment is not all sun shine and roses don't miss lead children into thinking that they can do what they want in the work place or they are in for a nasty shock.

Edited by MEC176

5 minutes ago, MEC176 said:

No you can not dress as you want in Offices, Shop's or factorys, some yes but not all and Adult life in a working enviroment is not all sun shine and roses don't miss lead children into thinking that they can do what they want in the work place or they are in for a nasty shock.

😂

1 minute ago, Waj said:

😂

What's this suppose to be !!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, MEC176 said:

I think Steved32 was being sarcastic...

2 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

I think Steved32 was being sarcastic...

Right, well if he is being sarcastic at least give the reasons why.

Edited by MEC176

school uniform looks smart,everyone equal ,i think its the best,but the shops over price it sometimes

1 hour ago, MEC176 said:

Right, well if he is being sarcastic at least give the reasons why.

Reasons why?

Reason why he is being sarcastic you mean?

5 minutes ago, bassett one said:

school uniform looks smart,everyone equal ,i think its the best,but the shops over price it sometimes

Uniforms are surprising inexpense if you shop around.

ASDA usually do some very good prices for everything from school socks to blazers and everything in between.