Morrisons Penistone Road, no fuel prices on signs

On 17/09/2019 at 12:53, amnicoll said:

I know and subscribe to petrol price.com which is how I became aware that the Morrison's on Penistone Road was become uncompetitve and no I do not need to go out of my way to save a few pence simply to be aware where there are good value stations in the vicinity of where I am traveling when I need to fill up.

I am not sure how Morrisons justify a 2 or 3p price differential in the same city apart from "competitor pricing " and it may be pure co-incidence they no longer adverting to passing traffic their prices and i am more than happy to use any brand to fill up

The sign is broken and awaiting parts.

As for the prices being different the cost of rates in areas affects the cost of fuel. More expensive rates st the location and the price will be more

On 10/09/2019 at 15:48, amnicoll said:

I notice that recently Morrisons have stopped advertising the price of fuel on the signs on Penistone Road. Is this because it is more expensive than at the other Morrisons stores in Sheffield and they are embarrassed ?

There no embarrassed! What would they be far? There is far more expensive garages in Sheffield. The tokham is broken 

On a similar subject, the Tesco petrol station on Saville street is 3-4 pence per litre more expensive than the Tesco petrol station on abbydale road (south I think) , I really don't get how Tesco can justify charging less in a far more affluent area, within a few miles of the other, as both stations will receive the same fuel from the same distribution centre and , I'm led to believe crude oil is at quite a low price per barrel yet no major retailer of fuel has drastically cut their pump prices.

2 hours ago, haddy said:

The sign is broken and awaiting parts.

As for the prices being different the cost of rates in areas affects the cost of fuel. More expensive rates st the location and the price will be more

There no embarrassed! What would they be far? There is far more expensive garages in Sheffield. The tokham is broken 

Following this logic the prices of goods in the store would also be higher - 3p per liter adds up to a very large difference in rates

I would ask how long it takes to repair a sign but given that the store in Hillsborough is too lazy to show the correct time on the nice clock they have in store and change it twice a year for BST even when it has been pointed out to management then it could be a long wait