Jack Fultons Crookes

I grew up before best before and use by dates and follow my mum’s example of using my eyes and nose to identify what’s ok to eat and cook properly-never had food poisoning so must be doing something right or else growing up in ignorance gave me good immunity 😀

1 hour ago, catmiss said:

I grew up before best before and use by dates and follow my mum’s example of using my eyes and nose to identify what’s ok to eat and cook properly-never had food poisoning 😀

Me too 👍

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Me too 👍

Me three!

im amazed by some people when it comes to this sort of thing.

I've bought some too and the mad flavour of Ben and jerrys.

Even on the best offer no one sells two cod fillets for £1.

Has anyone been inside approved foods? Can the public wander in?

On 08/09/2019 at 12:08, Jaytee said:

Just been in Jack Fulton’s crookes and there still selling out of date food especially chocolate. This is the fourth time I have been in and  this is happening. Maybe there allowed to sell it I don’t know?.

Providing it's clearly advertised/labelled as such, then there's nothing wrong with that.. it's when they sell them the same as 'in date' products it becomes bad....

On 14/09/2019 at 00:20, catmiss said:

I grew up before best before and use by dates and follow my mum’s example of using my eyes and nose to identify what’s ok to eat and cook properly-never had food poisoning so must be doing something right or else growing up in ignorance gave me good immunity 😀

Moi aussi!

Guest makapaka

i normally cook something like a stew or a pasta thing on a Sunday evening - put it in a plastic tub and take it to work on Monday and put it in fridge. Work in an office with two other lads so always say they’re welcome to have some which they do.......

but

one of lads will not touch it on the Tuesday - it’s like in his head cos it’s more than a day old he thinks it’s become poison. Screws his face up when I eat it.

im not talking about seafood or anything like that - pasta with tomato and cheese or mince and potato - bizarre.

We never owned a fridge while I was growing up. 

Kept everything on 'cellar 'ead'.

Got one as a wedding present in 1975.

But my son won't touch leftovers or anything warmed up.

10 hours ago, makapaka said:

he thinks it’s become poison.

My sister is the same. She will eat something at five minutes to midnight on the sell by date but won’t tough it ten minutes later at five past midnight. 

Guest busdriver1
19 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Isn't it poor quality from there? 

The quality is no worse than most other places unless you work to very different standards. A lot of what is sold is just overrun from large producers and is exactly the same as they sell, Some is near the end of date but perfectly ok.

3 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

The quality is no worse than most other places unless you work to very different standards. A lot of what is sold is just overrun from large producers and is exactly the same as they sell, Some is near the end of date but perfectly ok.

I find Waitrose is much better quality to be honest.