McMahon / Wilson/ Brown Family

Is anyone on this site researching the Mcmahon family,trying to find  out where my grandmother is buried

If you post the details of the person you're looking for then I'm sure they'll be lots of helpful folk on here.

Incidentally, if you look on here there are at least 80 burials listed for the surname of McMahon;

http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/

Regards,

Duffems

Hi Duffems i have tried sheffield indexters and found a number of relatives,but cannot find our maternal grandmother,she was Annie McMahon she married a Henry Wilson in 1906.on some of the census's she is down as Johanna.Ihave been on Find my past and Ancestry site with no luck.my mother was born on the 29th September 1913 but she was brought up by an aunt.my brother Brian as a lady in spain who is helping with the family tree but again no luck. Kath

Hi i had a message some years ago on the ancestry site from a jim brown ex licensee regarding my maternal grandmother annie wilson,i have just joined the ancestry site again.  along with my brother brian we are trying to find out when she died and where our grandmother is buried.she had a daughter annie McMahon born in 1898 and my mother kathleen wilson was born in 1913.my mother never told us anything about her early life and we think she was brought up by an aunt on her mothers side of the family, we would be grateful for any news.       Kath

Could she be,

Annie   McMahon   13      141 Solly St    in 1891,  living with her family.

Yes that is her,she had a daughter also called Annie who was born 1898.we are trying to find out where our grand mother is buried.she married a Henry Wilson in 1906,our mother was born in 1913 called Kathleen.we would be grateful for any information you may have.were not sure whether her daughter annie married into the family called Brown due to the message i got some years ago from Jim Brown who says his grandmother was  a Annie Wilson thanks for any help you can give us .                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

141 Solly Street 1891
McMahon    John    head    M    42  labourer Ireland    

McMahon    Bridget    wife    M    38    Ireland  
McMahon    Annie    dau    13    scholar     Sheffield        
McMahon    James    son    8    scholar     Sheffield        
McMahon    John    son    15    grinder      Sheffield    
McMahon    Kate    dau    5        Sheffield    
McMahon    Maggie    dau    11    scholar     Sheffield    
McMahon    Mary    dau    S  17    scratchbrusher    Ireland        
McMahon    Patrick    son     S  19    miner    Ireland    
--------
Bridget died,  care of Sheffield Indexers site
MCMAHON, BRIDGET (buried St Patrick's section, age 47yr).
     Died at 141 SOLLEY ST; Buried on December 2, 1900 in Roman Catholic ground;
     Grave Number 42, Section M of St Michaels RC Cemetery, Rivelin.
     Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: .
     Plot Owner: ~ ~ of ~. Page No 11029

Thanks for the information, we already  have the 1891 census,but we just cannot find out what happened to our grandmother after our mother was born, it seems our mother was brought up by one of her aunts who we think was kate who on the 1911 census is down as catherine married to a fredrick king . we come to a dead end every time to find out when she died and where she is buried.on the 1911 census of find my past she is  a visitor on tipton st ,where catherine  was living but at a different house number.i hope you will be able to help with any more information. kath/brian

Hi does anyone have a jim or brian brown in their family tree, who are connected to the mcmahons or wilson family

Hi I am trying to find either Jim or Brian Brown,who where trying to find out more about the McMahon family.whose grandmother was Annie Wilson.my brother and myself are doing our family tree on the McMahon side of the family and our maternal grandmother was a Annie Wilson,she remarried in 1923 then she was called annie Goodchild.any information would help,thankyou

1 hour ago, kathleenw said:

Hi I am trying to find either Jim or Brian Brown,who where trying to find out more about the McMahon family.whose grandmother was Annie Wilson.my brother and myself are doing our family tree on the McMahon side of the family and our maternal grandmother was a Annie Wilson,she remarried in 1923 then she was called annie Goodchild.any information would help,thankyou

Goodchild burial records,

http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/

Thanks for the information ,will look at the site.