New University Students - Weekend Of 21/22 September

Sheffield Council must have lost all normality of common sense. A few years ago Sheffield University built a huge student village on Endcliffe Vale Road for new students. The complex includes hundreds of student flats, shops and two hotels. On the third weekend of September thousands of freshers arrive along with parents. The whole area becomes gridlocked and I have heard tales of it taking two hours to drive half a mile from Firth Court to Broomhill!

Any Sheffielder who is alert well knows this but in their wisdom Sheffield Council have decided to close Endcliffe Vale Road today for a 10k race! Can you just imagine the utter chaos that this will result in? This is terrible news for Sheffield because as word spreads how many school leavers will come to Sheffield University next year after this debacle? 

6 minutes ago, IRONMONGER said:

Sheffield Council must have lost all normality of common sense. A few years ago Sheffield University built a huge student village on Endcliffe Vale Road for new students. The complex includes hundreds of student flats, shops and two hotels. On the third weekend of September thousands of freshers arrive along with parents. The whole area becomes gridlocked and I have heard tales of it taking two hours to drive half a mile from Firth Court to Broomhill!

Any Sheffielder who is alert well knows this but in their wisdom Sheffield Council have decided to close Endcliffe Vale Road today for a 10k race! Can you just imagine the utter chaos that this will result in? This is terrible news for Sheffield because as word spreads how many school leavers will come to Sheffield University next year after this debacle? 

The same amount as every year I would imagine.

I'm really glad I'm not working today.  The area round Endcliffe Vale is in my patch!