The Rob Rinder Verdict.

7 hours ago, catmiss said:

Saw this once and it was cringe, what’s with the last latest craze of bringing your mother to work, thought that Romash had done that to bits and that wasn’t funny either 

I've now got to the point where I don't even watch them once,I see who's doing it and know it will be garbage.

2 minutes ago, Amt239 said:

I've now got to the point where I don't even watch them once,I see who's doing it and know it will be garbage.

It was garbage. He’s got his daytime tv show as a judge, does he really need an evening talk show interviewing celebrities ? 

Well I had a look at this yesterday couldn’t believe how bad it was,the Paxman knob thing was a bit weird and was repeated so often. I’m not a Jason Manford fan but he was the best thing on it,I’m also pretty much sure Paxman was a bit tipsy.

But how do these people keep getting shows?

45 minutes ago, Amt239 said:

But how do these people keep getting shows?

I think they try them out first but can’t see them renewing The Rob Rinder Verdict. Yet he’s quite good at his real job as a judge on his daytime show.

11 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I think they try them out first but can’t see them renewing The Rob Rinder Verdict. Yet he’s quite good at his real job as a judge on his daytime show.

I thought that was as a criminal defence barrister.     Being fake Judge Judy was just a sideline surely.

Back on topic - I would agree with you,   TV companies have to try things out or we would never progress.   In answer the the other poster - "they" keep getting these shows because they are popular talent.   As a producer, you see that talent and think about how they may fit into fronting some new format - you pilot it, you make it and you broadcast it.    Sometimes it works - sometimes it doesnt.

32 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I thought that was as a criminal defence barrister.     Being fake Judge Judy was just a sideline surely.

Back on topic - I would agree with you,   TV companies have to try things out or we would never progress.   In answer the the other poster - "they" keep getting these shows because they are popular talent.   As a producer, you see that talent and think about how they may fit into fronting some new format - you pilot it, you make it and you broadcast it.    Sometimes it works - sometimes it doesnt.

Popular to who?I have a lot of friends and not one watches the dross these people serve up but saying that most work.

13 hours ago, Amt239 said:

Popular to who?I have a lot of friends and not one watches the dross these people serve up but saying that most work.

Popular to the masses of people who obviously tune in or record the show each day as accounted for in the BARB viewing figure statistics.  Popular to the network who see his daytime show as a commercial success in which to be worthy of recommission year-on-year.  Popular to the revival networks who have faith to try them out on a new venture.

They don't make these decisions on a whim you know.

Now I'm sure you do have a lot of friends who don't watch it but that means nothing.   I personally don't have anybody in my circle of friends who watch hollyoaks - doesn't mean it's not popular programme.

Exactly. I don’t watch any Soaps but some of my friends do.

10 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Popular to the masses of people who obviously tune in or record the show each day as accounted for in the BARB viewing figure statistics.  Popular to the network who see his daytime show as a commercial success in which to be worthy of recommission year-on-year.  Popular to the revival networks who have faith to try them out on a new venture.

They don't make these decisions on a whim you know.

Now I'm sure you do have a lot of friends who don't watch it but that means nothing.   I personally don't have anybody in my circle of friends who watch hollyoaks - doesn't mean it's not popular programme.

They don't watch because they have an opinion,as do I.

57 minutes ago, Amt239 said:

They don't watch because they have an opinion,as do I.

You do have an opinion - but that's not how you presented yourself in post #19.

What you did there was to challenge my use word 'popular' on the sole basis that you have a lot of friends and none of them watch the show.   

I repeat - there is a world beyond just your circle of friends. 

Popular doesn't mean good,Hollyoaks might be popular but the acting is cardboard and poor,Oscars won't be won by these people,the only awards these people win is when they're against other poor actors in soaps.

Same with daytime dross people probably watch them because they have nothing better to do and the alternative is dross as well.