Witherspoons Cheap Alcohol in support of Brexit

Just been on TV jd witherspoons have dropped the price of a pint by 20p in support of Brexit 

52 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Just been on TV jd witherspoons have dropped the price of a pint by 20p in support of Brexit 

Its a gimic, I have a local Spoons, but other places sell cheaper beer. This will hide the fact that prices may not be reduced when we actually do leave. Why do it now, we havnt had any changes to tariffs yet?

Well I didn't go in spoons before this is just another excellent reason to carry on not going to them.

2 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

In what way does this support Brexit?

Has anyone read their house magazine?

It’s like one very badly written Vote Leave campaign leaflet and because it is a private publication it is full of lies and fake news from the referendum campaign.

Tim Martin is yet another very rich man telling very poor people that it is in their interest to make him even richer.

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

Its a gimic, I have a local Spoons, but other places sell cheaper beer. This will hide the fact that prices may not be reduced when we actually do leave. Why do it now, we havnt had any changes to tariffs yet?

Well it's already hitting people as the pound has dropped, he obviously knows his precious brexit will hit people further

There's a lot of snobbery around Spoons. Yes, Tim Martin is a dick, and the service is a bit slow sometimes, but my local sells a good range of beers starting at 2.20 a pint and the food is really quite agreeable. It's very much a 'community' pub where people from all walks of life rub shoulders and get on with the business of getting gently hammered at a fair price. I've been drinking there for eight years and I've never seen a fight.*

*There was an armed robbery a few months ago, but I missed it.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Has anyone read their house magazine?

It’s like one very badly written Vote Leave campaign leaflet and because it is a private publication it is full of lies and fake news from the referendum campaign.

Tim Martin is yet another very rich man telling very poor people that it is in their interest to make him even richer.

Yes, it's utterly hideous.

Plus ordering off the app is almost magical.

Still don't understand why no-one else has followed suit

3 minutes ago, geared said:

Does anyone remember the week they launched that?

There was a young lad on his 18th birthday drinking in the Bankers Draft. Someone posted something about if any of his mates couldn’t make it they could buy him a drink on the Spoons app and linked to it.

For some reason this went viral and within a couple of hours people in Sydney Australia, Rio de Janeiro and Toronto were buying him drinks. It ended up with something like £10K behind the bar for him. 😁👍 

54 minutes ago, geared said:

Sizzling pubs and Greene King have.

59 minutes ago, geared said:

when we go out at work, one of the young lasses always orders from the table while we're all stood waiting at the bar lol

Just now, melthebell said:

when we go out at work, one of the young lasses always orders from the table while we're all stood waiting at the bar lol

Which takes preference?