A 20% Sugar Tax On Cakes And Sweets Would Impact On Obesity Say Experts.

38 minutes ago, davyboy said:

How about a tax on your weight.  20% (seems a popular figure)  on every kilo over the healthy weight for your height.

20% of what I leave to you.

If you turn   anorexic would you get a refund though ? 

37 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Raising the price of tabaco products reduced the ammont smoked

Reduced the amount smoked or legally bought? Obviously the Gov wouldn't know the true numbers but looking at the price of a 20 pack now, I'm glad I packed in with them.

I see Quality Street are doing their bit to help, they have cut the size of their quality Street tubs by 70g.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/foodanddrink/news/quality-street-tubs-shrink-again-as-new-chocolate-added-to-mix/ar-AAH1Xo3?ocid=spartanntp

Edited by iansheff

On 06/09/2019 at 11:56, zach said:

Reduced the amount smoked or legally bought? Obviously the Gov wouldn't know the true numbers but looking at the price of a 20 pack now, I'm glad I packed in with them.

That’s a fair point.

Smuggled/fake tobacco now apparently accounts for 30% of all tobacco consumption. I don’t know how accurate that figure is but I’d say that the majority of people I know who still smoke real fags, don’t buy them from the local newsagents.

How about parents just saying 'No' to their children once in a while instead of stuffing them full of Greggs' chav dummies & other rubbish just to keep them quiet? 

On the other hand, how about the parents setting their children an example & moderating their own intake? 

4 hours ago, Baron99 said:

How about parents just saying 'No' to their children once in a while instead of stuffing them full of Greggs' chav dummies & other rubbish just to keep them quiet? 

On the other hand, how about the parents setting their children an example & moderating their own intake? 

Yes, in an ideal world. But in a world we live in, action needs to be taken to solve the obesity crisis.