Sheffield Interchange

Can cars with a blue badge access sheffield interchange platforms to drop off coach travellers?

15 minutes ago, jan2 said:

Can cars with a blue badge access sheffield interchange platforms to drop off coach travellers?

In a word, no.

The bus and coach interchange is for buses and coaches only. The drop off point for the coach station is the Park and Ride on the other side of the railway.

You'd probably be fine dropping off on pond hill by the Old Queens head 

Sorry, my mistake. I thought that you meant the interchange at Meadowhall.

1 hour ago, Andy C said:

You'd probably be fine dropping off on pond hill by the Old Queens head 

Thanks, thats where we usually drop off but someone told me that taxis sometimes drop off at the  bus picking up point.

6 hours ago, jan2 said:

Thanks, thats where we usually drop off but someone told me that taxis sometimes drop off at the  bus picking up point.

When ever I take someone there, there are taxis going in there to drop people off all the time and some taxis even stand there. Admitted it is in the evening. It has got to be the worst interchange for passengers there is.

9 hours ago, jan2 said:

Thats because Taxi's can follow the same rules as busses (to an extent) as they are classed as public transport, and a council service...

39 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

Thats because Taxi's can follow the same rules as busses (to an extent) as they are classed as public transport, and a council service...

No taxis can't technically but they do.As per usual the authorities that be never think of the disabled or Joe public with heavy bags.great idea eh?,

45 minutes ago, rayggb said:

No taxis can't technically but they do.As per usual the authorities that be never think of the disabled or Joe public with heavy bags.great idea eh?,

Of course the authorities do not wish to encourage people to use public transport heaven forbid might need a bigger bus station

Taxis use to be able to go at platform E (and pay for ranking there) but,since the SYPTE sold the bottom bit for the digital buildings ,then it's a NoNo  even for them.Cabbies do rank up there (but,don't tell the digital owners!)

6 hours ago, rayggb said:

To an extent (as I said) they can... they can use bus lanes (hence they are often referred to as bus/taxi/cycle) they can use Bus Gates, they can also drop-off at a bus-stop (but not pick up from the curb at one)

Whenever I've  took a taxi to Pond Street interchange  the driver has always stressed that they are not allowed to drop off at the platforms but will drop us off on Pond Hill.

I believe I've  seen a sign saying no cars allowed, buses only.