Would You Stand To Be A Mp/Councillor?

On 02/09/2019 at 22:03, El Cid said:

I thought that we were meant to live in a meritocracy?

Whatever gave you that idea?!

2 hours ago, Dromedary said:

Ouch, be careful with that one as you will have the Gaul after you! :hihi:

IF you think that you are even less educated than I thought.

On 02/09/2019 at 22:03, El Cid said:

I thought that we were meant to live in a meritocracy?

You have been watching the Commons recently right?

What about the 52/48% of those who actually voted in the Brexit referendum representing the opinion of the UK? What utter rubbish.  If that sort of thing is what democracy gives then give me a dictator or maybe two different populations, one in the UK and one out of it. The remainers would have to move to a separated Scotland maybe? Not a good solution I admit, but at least everyone in each area would agree about brexiting or agree about remaining.  To equalise the  income per head that each group would then enjoy, maybe we could move Scotland's border down to, say Sheffield?  

Edited by woolyhead

I think if you just moved it south of Leeds we'd be happy up here. We can sell you lot power since you wont be able to generate enough too.

Oh we will have London though too please - they want to stay.

It'd be just like the partition of India wont it - and they went fine.... no worries at all no wars or anything....

As for standing - there have been a few calls from region today. Theres plenty of candidates but not that many agents - so I might be running three seats. Thats going to be interesting...

Would love to but wouldn’t last 5 minutes. No uni degree but worked in NHS for 25 years, housing/homelessness/benefits for 18 years whilst single parent with caring responsibilities and now a gobby OAP. Somehow don’t think I fit the bill!