Sign in to follow this  

Iphone Unloved

I assumed that when my wife's iPhone 4 died she would be happy with an iPhone 6.

Well learn by my mistake. Ask the other half before wasting a load of money.

She wants a phone that is the size of her 6 but only makes calls and send s texts.

Is there such a thing?

I have an old Nokia but she says the buttons are too small.

Is there a way I can get shot of all the rubbish on the 6 And turn it into a simple phone?

yeah, just don't install any apps etc, just use it as a phone...

or get one of the many android solutions, lock it down into 'simple mode' and dont set up a google account etc...

The iPhone SE is small and might be worth considering. You can configure it for her by deleting all the apps that she doesn’t want. The apps that can’t be deleted can be hidden in a folder and moved out of the way onto another screen. Just leave the phone and message icons on the bar or put them on the main screen. That should make things nice and simple for her. You can also create shortcuts for the folk she calls frequently - link. If you activate Siri it will make it even easier for her. 

15 hours ago, davyboy said:

She wants a phone that is the size of her 6 but only makes calls and send s texts.

Is there such a thing?

I have an old Nokia but she says the buttons are too small.

If she really just wants it for calls and texts, you might want to lool at Doro phones. They are aim at being accessible rather than providing the latest technology.

Basic Doro phones are useful for people who just want to make calls but are awkward when used for texting.  Each key has multiple functions so you have to keep pressing  to select the letter/number that you want. Another key has to be pressed to select capitals and symbols.  

The Doro Liberto is a smartphone using modified Android. Having tried one on behalf of someone I didn’t find it particularly straightforward. However, shortcuts to the most used numbers can be placed on the desktop - handy if the person has a limited caller list because they only have to press one symbol. 

The iPhone is very user friendly and just needs to be configured to suit the owner.