Jump to content

Seven Hills Sculpture

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what happened to the stainless steel sculpture that was in the Wicker.It was supposed to represent the seven hills on which Sheffield is built

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cors said:

Does anyone know what happened to the stainless steel sculpture that was in the Wicker.It was supposed to represent the seven hills on which Sheffield is built

Do you mean that pile of scrap metal that was dumped at the end of Savile Street?

Edited by Jim Hardie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Do you mean that pile of scrap metal that was dumped at the end of Savile Street?

Where on Savile Street Jim ? As it runs from the Wicker to Carwood Road  (Brightside Lane after that) and between Sutherland Road and Carwood Road was Firth-Brown's head office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, St Petre said:

Where on Savile Street Jim ? As it runs from the Wicker to Carwood Road  (Brightside Lane after that) and between Sutherland Road and Carwood Road was Firth-Brown's head office.

At the Spital Hill corner of the old LNER goods yard (or was it LMS?)

 

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;s32550&pos=295&action=zoom&id=105236

 

It's probably been turned into saucepans by now.

Edited by Jim Hardie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.