Will I Get Another Property If I Give My Flat Up?

I moved into a council flat last August but ever since I moved in the neighbors below have been loud, coming up to my door , shouting through my letter box.  I went to the council and they had a word which helped for a little while but now they have continued to be loud shouting etc which my little girl isn’t very happy about as it is scaring her. I’m wanting to give my flat up and live with parents until I save money for me to get another property , even if I have to wait a while? Will I be able to bid for another council property or will they not allow me as I give my property up?

If you're happy where you are, apart from the neighbours, I'd suggest getting the council involved again, and potentially the police if you believe your neighbours to be targeting you specifically for harrassment 

I have had the police involved about her coming up to my door and they have gave her a warning which she hasn’t been up to door since but she is constantly banging doors day and night and my daughter is constantly saying I don’t like them banging all the time. It’s affecting her sleep too

the housing employed at huge cost,lots of patch officers to sort out these problems,this means if you talk to your patch officer they and they alone will deal with your complaint until fully sorted ,so speak to them on monday,if you give back your flat you can go on waiting time,some people do this and renew each year ,until theres a top property available where they wish to live,but this could take several years,some people go private but thats expensive,i would at least try the patch officer until sorted,they can move you ,but thats by discreation ,but if its affecting your daughters health they may.

Do not give your flat up if you can possibly cope, and try to sort the problem out. Current council housing rules are that once you take a tenancy, you cannot go back on the housing register (waiting list) for 2 years, and you took your tenancy last August. And if you make yourself 'intentionally homeless' that may stop you from getting any help. So do talk to your local housing officer, especially as they are already aware of your problem.  They will advise you better than us. They may be able to sort your problem, and will definitely be able to advise you what your best plan would be. 

I wouldn't give up your flat, but I'd keep talking to your local housing officers.   Are your other neighbours ok?  Perhaps they may know if this happened with the previous occupier of your flat?  

If you don't feel supported, get in touch with one of your local councillors.   I hope things improve for you.  

On 01/09/2019 at 17:57, nanoffive said:

Do not give your flat up if you can possibly cope, and try to sort the problem out. Current council housing rules are that once you take a tenancy, you cannot go back on the housing register (waiting list) for 2 years, and you took your tenancy last August. And if you make yourself 'intentionally homeless' that may stop you from getting any help. So do talk to your local housing officer, especially as they are already aware of your problem.  They will advise you better than us. They may be able to sort your problem, and will definitely be able to advise you what your best plan would be. 

^^

Don't forget, private renting is more expensive and a lot less secure then a Council tenancy.

Start a diary of the incidents, and speak to the other tenants in the block to see if they are experiencing the same from her. 

Speak to the Housing Officer about a mutual exchange as well. Involve your local Councillor. 

Good luck.