Windows 10 Update

Thanks for the offer Ghozer but it is all sorted. Microsoft rang me this morning and after about 2 hours everything is restored she found all the photos and everything else that had disappeared and got all my favourites back. Apparently something had corrupted files in the download, she said something about not using third party apps, as far as I know I didn't only the MS update app. So now will just back the only photos I hadn't backed up onto one drive. Thanks again for the offer and thanks to everyone for their input.

An upgrade was tried last year, but failed.

Is this update listed as 1903 ?

I thought this this upgrade had been pulled because of these problems.

I have 1TB external HDD and I never keep anything on the PC that is important.

My Update is 18362 which I updated using Windows Update Assistant

The update was pulled after initial release, then re-released about 6 months later

My main system shows...

Windows Version - 1903

OS Build - 18362.356

This was a clean install on Tuesday this week done via the latest 10 Pro download from Microsoft. A couple of minor updates after the install and all working as it should. Sandbox even works this time round! My last install was running ok but it was a couple of years in with quite a few hardware changes so I decided to start again.