Chelsea V Blades

The cost of players means nothing without the right man to manage them, Lampard isn’t that man, it was a good result for United but they had enough chances in the first half to easily put the game to bed, that’s not a case of them being lucky to draw.

Enjoy the result but don’t exaggerate.

Looking at MOTD the point was deserved,listening to Cahill how he says he felt sorry for Lampard made be sick.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

The cost of players means nothing without the right man to manage them, Lampard isn’t that man, it was a good result for United but they had enough chances in the first half to easily put the game to bed, that’s not a case of them being lucky to draw.

Enjoy the result but don’t exaggerate.

Agreed about Lampard. What has he done in Management to deserve a Premier League gig ?

Good result and a great second half performance.   I think a few Premier League managers will slowly be waking up to the fact that the fixtures against SUFC won't be easy matches.

Mousset is a real handful and such pace for a big lad, he will cause problems for defenders in coming matches. 

Enjoying the ride so far. 

Isn't it a given that if the top 6 clubs in the PL don't beat any of the other 14 teams they have had a bad day, not that the other team has played well.

Edited by iansheff

19 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Isn't it a given that if the top 6 clubs in the PL don't beat any of the other 14 teams they have had a bad day, not that the other team has played well.

I agree Ian every time we have a decent result it is because the other team were having an off day.Don't worry mate the penny will drop one day.The opposition only play as good as we let them.In the prem they are so used to strolling around tip tapping going side ways and backwards they do not like being hurried by these terrier type no bodies from up north.

Must say I am so impressed how Stevens has come on in the last year he looks so comfortable in the prem attacking and defending.

7 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Kepa arrizabalaga £71m

Azpilicueta (value £30m)

Zouma £13m

Emerson £17m

Barkley £15m

Jorghino £57m

Willian £30m

Pulisic £58m

Speaks for itself really and I shouldn't need to say any more! Whether disjointed and underwhelming at the minute or not, never the less, they had at least £250m worth of talent on the pitch today!.....and they were lucky to take a point from us at home!!

I reiterate Wilder's words....

"we aren't here to make up the numbers"

"If we lose, we aren't going out of the back door"

"We play to win games, we are in this league on merit and belong to be playing these sorts of teams".

"No team of mine will ever lay down and die, I wouldn't let them".

"They might be household names, but we deserve to be playing on the same pitch as them. We respect them of course, but we arent here to be in awe of them. We are here to go toe to toe with them, as I know we can and the players know they can"

Business as usual for those unfashionable underdogs!!

We thrive on being under dogs long may it continue.At half time the guy and woman on Football Focus agreed it could well be 5 0 to Chelsea because they were so good .At the end according to them we got our point because Chelsea had a off day.Can someone explain which it was?Where they good or were they bad?

If those Chelsea defenders are worth that much money.. how much for Stevens? cos he made them look very ordinary! As he does week in week out at the moment.

Richard

6 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Agreed about Lampard. What has he done in Management to deserve a Premier League gig ?

He’s done nothing, getting by on his playing reputation.

1 hour ago, Vasquez Rich said:

If those Chelsea defenders are worth that much money.. how much for Stevens? cos he made them look very ordinary! As he does week in week out at the moment.

Richard

Stevens is getting better and better every match have not yet seen a left back better than him in the prem .It is not just is defending but he is setting up chances for the strikers time and time again.Yet another jewel unearthed by Wilder.

On 01/09/2019 at 10:51, petcharlie said:

I agree Ian every time we have a decent result it is because the other team were having an off day.Don't worry mate the penny will drop one day.The opposition only play as good as we let them.In the prem they are so used to strolling around tip tapping going side ways and backwards they do not like being hurried by these terrier type no bodies from up north.

Must say I am so impressed how Stevens has come on in the last year he looks so comfortable in the prem attacking and defending.

Baldock made the step up as well, although Stevens looks superb 

Loved listening to the neighbours bickering

SWFC "Youngest team ever. Not their best team"

SUFC "What score was it in January when they played only half the first team in the FA Cup Match? Oh yes 3-0."