Chelsea V Blades

Tough test but if there's a time to play Chelsea in recent times, it's now. Make no mistake though, they've got some serious quality. A bit of a free hit this one to be honest!

Lampard remembers what happened on boxing Day last season so he won't be relishing another thrashing by the blades

Wow, if you Unitedites are overly concerned about this one, you will be going nuts prior to visiting the Manchester, Liverpool and North London clubs.

I think you guys have a real chance in this one, Lampard is still in the process of getting his feet wet, at the same time there is a kind of swing to youth going on there. and there might never be a better situation than right now to  take a point, or maybe all 3 and show that Lampard and his rebuilding club is still not quite ready for prime time.They are most certainly going to miss Hazard.

I wish you guys good luck in this game, it's winnable, imo.

Edited by Ontarian1981

9 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Wow, if you Unitedites are overly concerned about this one, you will be going nuts prior to visiting the Manchester, Liverpool and North London clubs.

I think you guys have a real chance in this one, Lampard is still in the process of getting his feet wet, at the same time there is a kind of swing to youth going on there. and there might never be a better situation than right now to  take a point, or maybe all 3 and show that Lampard and his rebuilding club is still not quite ready for prime time.They are most certainly going to miss Hazard.

I wish you guys good luck in this game, it's winnable, imo.

We’ll see, although a massive mismatch in respect of resources.

However, I am an instinctively pessimistic Unitedite

I get what some are saying on here that Chelsea are maybe a team in transition and its not a bad time to play them but to put it in to context if you have a look at the bookies odds you can get 9/1 about the Blades winning today. The gap between the top premiership teams and the rest is scary .

I'm still having a fiver on though:)

Hats off to the blades what an amazing result

Well done lads, toldya you had a chance there today.

Edited by Ontarian1981

CW had a little chat at half time and look at the result.  V good point  UTB

Brilliant. That first half was inexcusable, but we smashed them all over in the second. We need to learn from these first few games and stop starting matches timidly and realise that we're more than good enough for this level. 

20 minutes ago, pintor said:

Well done blades!

Hear hear! Up the Blades.