Chelsea V Blades

Another tough test for the Blades    New signings settling in well but will be stronger as we go on

This match should show us at what stage we are, Chelsea not up to full potential yet but have the players to compete for the top

The football press dont give us a chance but we will have to see what CW's got up his sleeve for them

UTB

The current Chelsea are nowhere near the standards of previous years and are probably a higher mid table team at present, I’m not convinced by Lampard and there could be a surprise in store here.

Edited by Brooker11

Lampard trying younger unproven players at this level, ie Abraham

So a chance for 3 points 

2-1 to United

Wednesday fans more optimistic than I am, or are they being  pessimistic ?

Hope we can avoid a cricket score defeat

Edited by Ridgewalk

2 hours ago, rogets said:

Lampard trying younger unproven players at this level, ie Abraham

So a chance for 3 points 

2-1 to United

I " get" your new tactic, instead of predicting your usual, from last season, 0-5 defeat, only  to be wrong week in week out you're predicting we win in a perverse sort of logic.

Shuffle those tea leaves again

😁

Chelsea to have their worst ever performance,Blades could nick a point.

Edited by Amt239

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

The current Chelsea are nowhere near the standards of previous years and are probably a higher mid table team at present, I’m not convinced my Lampard and there could be a surprise in store here.

Same here. I wouldn't be surprised if they get all 3 points

Being a realist I expect a defeat, however a good display and a narrow defeat will do for me, obviously I want them to win, but not many teams will win at the bridge.

Unsure. 

I'd like to think we'll go at them like Leicester did, whilst maintaining how good we usually are defensively. If we do this, and Chelsea have a bit of an off day, we could get something. 

Head says 2 or 3-0 home win though. 

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Being a realist I expect a defeat, however a good display and a narrow defeat will do for me, obviously I want them to win, but not many teams will win at the bridge.

My thoughts exactly they are one of the top six way out of our league because of finances but we do put more effort in to matches than most clubs.Will effort alone be enough?I do not think so .This is one of the reasons I dislike this league it is so uneven regarding the financial side of things.When they can afford to pay top players up to half a million quid a week there is no chance of any other clubs breaking into the elite where as in the championship may be 22 clubs have got that chance of topping their league.Obscene when you look at the Bury's and Boltons of this world and the state they are in.Surely the Prem clubs could have helped them but they are so greedy there is not a chance of that.I believe the pigeons are beginning to come home to roost regarding the crazy money being spent by clubs who in the past could not afford to spend money they did not have.The real world is about to catch up with a few more to but that will not bother the prem clubs.

1 hour ago, Moistened said:

Unsure. 

I'd like to think we'll go at them like Leicester did, whilst maintaining how good we usually are defensively. If we do this, and Chelsea have a bit of an off day, we could get something. 

Head says 2 or 3-0 home win though. 

I don’t know why you’d think that, they’re playing fairly young players, have an inexperienced manager and have hardly set the world alight so far.