Sign in to follow this  

Reporting An Issue With A Road

This is in Rotherham rather than Sheffield but:

I frequently travel on the A57 (Sheffield Road) towards Worksop, I've noticed in the last 6 months or so that there is a constant build up of traffic leading to the traffic light at the crossroads of Ryton Rd (leading to North and South Anston) this happens at off peak as well as peak times and has definitely got worse in the time period mentioned, once you get through the lights the road is generally clear, it took 5mins to get 300 yards at 6:30pm last night, had a look on RLC's website and can't find any obvious contacts to make them aware of this.

Don't they have a general road reporting section?

I know most you can report an issue with a set of traffic lights, I guess your complaint is the timing is bad and more priority and time should be given to traffic on the main A road instead of the smaller local roads.

I can see (on Google Maps) currently standing traffic on that road stretches from the roundabout with the B6463 all the way to the crossroads.  Nearly a mile and a half!

https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/info/100011/transport_and_streets/1260/report_a_problem_with_a_traffic_light

Looks like you've gotta ring them direct, which isn't great.

Edited by geared

You have to ring Streetpride on 01709 336003 or you can log it on one of the external sites such as Fix My Street etc.

Its always been the same, as soon as the two laner ends and it gets into a village with  crossroads it cant cope. It isnt always the light timing but often turners wanting to hang a right at the lights or sometimes even the HGV's taking a while to build up a head of steam going into Worksop.

3 hours ago, willman said:

taking a while to build up a head of steam going into Worksop.

Surely anything that prevents anyone going into Worksop is a good thing, no?

4 hours ago, willman said:

Its always been the same, as soon as the two laner ends and it gets into a village with  crossroads it cant cope. It isnt always the light timing but often turners wanting to hang a right at the lights or sometimes even the HGV's taking a while to build up a head of steam going into Worksop.

It just seems to have got markedly worse the last few months, Fridays in particular are shocking, if it at least had some advance warning before the Red Lion you could take an alternative route.

On Saturday morning (11:45am) there was a 2mile tailback leading up to the lights, you couldn't get more off peak than that so clearly something isn't right.