Jump to content

Rovrum V Owls

Recommended Posts

No longer seen as an essential competition sadly but the local derby element adds a bit of spice to this one,  I'd expect a very much changed team with some fringe players who need game time getting a run out, not easy to predict not having an idea of the starting 11's.

 

1-1 - Owls to win on pens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

No longer seen as an essential competition sadly but the local derby element adds a bit of spice to this one,  I'd expect a very much changed team with some fringe players who need game time getting a run out, not easy to predict not having an idea of the starting 11's.

 

1-1 - Owls to win on pens.

As you say there will be plenty of changes in that case,  my   XI  would look something  like this.

                                                                                                                           Dawson

                                                                                   Iorfa              Lees                        Bates       Fox

                                                                                               Reach         Pelupessy            Luongo

                                                                                             Rhodes              Nuhui              Forestieri       

   Owls to win 3-1        ( Dawson 3 :hihi:  ) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tonight’s line up against Rotherham.

 

Dawson

Fox

Rhodes

Pelupessy

Winnall

Thorniley

Murphy

Nuhiu

Luongo

Bates

Iorfa

 

Subs:

Jones, Harris, Bannan, Lees, Baker, Grant, Forestieri

Edited by iansheff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last second winner, you have to laugh 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Everton at home for you guys in the next round, decent, and they'll fill the away end.

 

Sunderland at home for us, likewise, they should bring a big following, but a much more winnable game. 

Edited by Moistened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Last second winner, you have to laugh 😂

96th minute eh? Rotherham fans suffer again in injury time against the Owls. At least the scorer didn't jump into the crowd this time. Lol

Anyway, the Owls won, Bruce lost ha ha ha.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Last second winner, you have to laugh 😂

Perhaps the referee had a 'Fergie time' watch ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

96th minute eh? Rotherham fans suffer again in injury time against the Owls. At least the scorer didn't jump into the crowd this time. Lol

Anyway, the Owls won, Bruce lost ha ha ha.

Didn't the Millers beat the Owls in this competition in 1966 when Wednesday were in the old First division and FA Cup finalists, perhaps Brian ? (the Rotherham born lad who went to Aston Villa) was the captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, St Petre said:

Didn't the Millers beat the Owls in this competition in 1966 when Wednesday were in the old First division and FA Cup finalists, perhaps Brian ? (the Rotherham born lad who went to Aston Villa) was the captain.

Can't remember that game, but do you mean Brian Tiler, he was captain about that time.? Rotherham have often been a thorn in the side of Wednesday in cup competitions through the years. Jack Mansell had a good Rotherham side in those days, they were tipped for promotion a couple of times. I have already mentioned on here about how Rotherham almost knocked out Man Utd. in the 3rd round of the 1966 FA cup. Could have won that tie in Manchester and certainly should have won the replay at Milmoor, but for that little bugger Stiles.

20 hours ago, Moistened said:

Everton at home for you guys in the next round, decent, and they'll fill the away end.

 

Sunderland at home for us, likewise, they should bring a big following, but a much more winnable game. 

 Burnley must have thought their tie with Sunderland was winnable too, especially at home.Lol

Edited by Ontarian1981

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

96th minute eh? Rotherham fans suffer again in injury time against the Owls. At least the scorer didn't jump into the crowd this time. Lol

Anyway, the Owls won, Bruce lost ha ha ha.

Ok, it was only Rotherham but what a laugh. 1-0 in the 85th minute but still four more goals to come.

 

"JORDAN BOWERY'S WON IT FOR ROTHERHAM!!!"

Rob 'Candi' Staton

 

https://youtu.be/Q_P3msw6GUc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Can't remember that game, but do you mean Brian Tiler, he was captain about that time.? Rotherham have often been a thorn in the side of Wednesday in cup competitions through the years. Jack Mansell had a good Rotherham side in those days, they were tipped for promotion a couple of times. I have already mentioned on here about how Rotherham almost knocked out Man Utd. in the 3rd round of the 1966 FA cup. Could have won that tie in Manchester and certainly should have won the replay at Milmoor, but for that little bugger Stiles.

 Burnley must have thought their tie with Sunderlans was winnable too, especially at home.Lol

More winnable than Everton is all I said, which you can't really argue with. We were second best against Blackburn on Tuesday and got lucky, if we repeat that performance again we probably won't be. 

 

The game is between games with Everton and Liverpool, so we'll play a much weakened side again. Anyone's game really. 

Edited by Moistened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moistened said:

Everton at home for you guys in the next round, decent, and they'll fill the away end.

 

Sunderland at home for us, likewise, they should bring a big following, but a much more winnable game. 

Big following correct but a more winnable game for us .FTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.