Jump to content

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Groose

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Groose

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I live in North Nottinghamshire   and rarely visit South Yorkshire.  You embarrass yourself by  trying to do your own country down with your whinging comments. The country did make their mind up and chose to leave the EU and it has been the politicians who have prevented that happening.  

Two questions.

1)

Do you think leaving the EU is easy? 

2) What are the benefits?

3) Do you think are democratically elected Mps, who have been democratically elected by the people democratically, have a duty to do what is best for the entire constituency or just follow a 3 year old vote and/or slavishly follow party lines.

 

Ok 3 questions and the last one might need a bit thinking about.

3 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I voted to remain in the EU.  Sorry for telling you a home truth but it's the likes of you who are the problem in our country  because unlike  me you don't respect the 2016 EU Referendum result have have no respect for democracy.

Fourth question, how is Albert a problem? He's not - to the best of knowledge - an MP, EU negoiator or journalist for the mainstream media. He, and he won't like me for saying it, is probably just as ineffective as you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If you think that France has a better image on the World stage than the UK then you should move there  permanently  in order to remain in the EU after 31st October.

It’s a while since I have heard this pathetic whine. 🙄

 

Why should the majority of Britons leave their own land because a minority of deluded crackpots say that they should? Just like MPs reclaimed Parliament from the minority government, we shall reclaim our nation from the bunch of red-faced, swivel eyed loons waving their three year old discredited referendum like a torn, dirty flag.

 

Never forget that you Brexiteers represent a diminishing minority of our fellow citizens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there was me, thinking that leaving the EU meant we would look out to a wider world, with a warm, open, cordial smile.

Edited by ads36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I voted to remain in the EU.  Sorry for telling you a home truth but it's the likes of you who are the problem in our country  because unlike  me you don't respect the 2016 EU Referendum result have have no respect for democracy.

No need to be sorry at all, your sympathy isn’t worth anything. 

 

Unlike you, people like me step up to save our country from unnecessary damage that will be entirely self inflicted. We care about the generations that follow us and ensure that they get the same opportunities we enjoyed. We aren’t selfish who only care about ourselves. The sooner you stop being so self centred, the better. 

 

The momentum is definitely with people like us. I can’t see reconciliation happening which is no great loss, the majority people who voted for Brexit will be outlived by the people who know better and it will be a distant memory sooner rather than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It’s a while since I have heard this pathetic whine. 🙄

 

Why should the majority of Britons leave their own land because a minority of deluded crackpots say that they should? Just like MPs reclaimed Parliament from the minority government, we shall reclaim our nation from the bunch of red-faced, swivel eyed loons waving their three year old discredited referendum like a torn, dirty flag.

 

Never forget that you Brexiteers represent a diminishing minority of our fellow citizens.

Firstly I am not a Brexiteer because I voted to remain in the EU.  Secondly I support democracy which is why our country should leave the EU in 31st October. The majority voted to leave the EU which is why any one who is the minority  should leave their own land and move to one of the EU 27 nations,  if they want to continue to live in the EU after the 31st October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Two questions.

1)

Do you think leaving the EU is easy? 

2) What are the benefits?

3) Do you think are democratically elected Mps, who have been democratically elected by the people democratically, have a duty to do what is best for the entire constituency or just follow a 3 year old vote and/or slavishly follow party lines.

 

Ok 3 questions and the last one might need a bit thinking about.

Fourth question, how is Albert a problem? He's not - to the best of knowledge - an MP, EU negoiator or journalist for the mainstream media. He, and he won't like me for saying it, is probably just as ineffective as you are.

You are absolutely right. My main effectiveness is in a rather small sphere where I can educate friends and family in why leaving is such a fallible idea. 

 

The ONLY argument Leavers have in leaving is a referendum result. They just can’t go beyond that. There are no economic reasons for leaving. The sovereignty argument has been debunked. They don’t respect due process. They don’t even respect the rule of law!

4 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Firstly I am not a Brexiteer because I voted to remain in the EU.  Secondly I support democracy which is why our country should leave the EU in 31st October. The majority voted to leave the EU which is why any one who is the minority  should leave their own land and move to one of the EU 27 nations,  if they want to continue to live in the EU after the 31st October.

You don’t support democracy at all. You refuse any form of democratic exercise if the chance of not getting the answer you want exists. Your line of thinking is flawed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

.Our country are not the same as Italy or Hungary and have more more credibility than France on the World stage who surrendered to Germany in 1940.

Have you got an atlas?

 

Note the large amounts of sea between the UK and Germany.

 

Note the complete lack of it between Germany and France.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I voted to remain in the EU.  Sorry for telling you a home truth but it's the likes of you who are the problem in our country  because unlike  me you don't respect the 2016 EU Referendum result have have no respect for democracy.

There are two problems in this country .

Firstly it is the proportion of those who voted leave because they believed the rubbish spouted by the far right about immigration.(Please note the back tracking of Leadsom today ).

Secondly it is those who voted to Remain,but more than 3 years later ,claim that it is democracy to implement what is proving day by day to be the worst option for our country.

Now that must show a lack of backbone and be  worthy of embarrassment.

Edited by RJRB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The majority voted to leave the EU which is why any one who is the minority  should leave their own land and move to one of the EU 27 nations,  if they want to continue to live in the EU after the 31st October.

Let’s put your ludicrous suggestion under a very bright spotlight.

 

In 2016 17.5 million people voted to leave the EU. 

 

In 2019 you are suggesting that the other 51 million citizens of the UK who didn’t vote to leave should go and live in a EU country because 25% of the population don’t want to be in the EU. Wouldn’t it actually be better (and easier) if the 17.5 million people moved somewhere that wasn’t in the EU?

 

Can you see how ridiculous you are being?

 

By the way, if you support Brexit, you are a Brexiteer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Firstly I am not a Brexiteer because I voted to remain in the EU.  Secondly I support democracy which is why our country should leave the EU in 31st October. The majority voted to leave the EU which is why any one who is the minority  should leave their own land and move to one of the EU 27 nations,  if they want to continue to live in the EU after the 31st October.

You are arguing for an elected dictatorship, not democracy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I live in North Nottinghamshire   and rarely visit South Yorkshire.  You embarrass yourself by  trying to do your own country down with your whinging comments. The country did make their mind up and chose to leave the EU and it has been the politicians who have prevented that happening.  

I don't so the country down at all - the country is whinging.

Brexiteers are whinging because now the truth about brexit is coming out, the electorate are exercising their democratic right to change their minds.

 

The latest polls suggest that another referendum would overturn the fake-news-driven decision to leave the EU and the margin to stay would be definitive - well beyond the margins for contest that Mr Farage identified.

22 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

... why any one who is the minority  should leave their own land and move to one of the EU 27 nations,  if they want to continue to live in the EU after the 31st October.

So, you are arguing for Brexiteers to leave as they are in the minority now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

 

You don’t support democracy at all. You refuse any form of democratic exercise if the chance of not getting the answer you want exists. Your line of thinking is flawed. 

How many times do I have to state I voted  to REMAIN in the EU?   The answer I wanted on the 24th June 2016 was to remain in the EU.  I respect democracy which is why I now support leaving the EU.  My line of thinking is most certainly not flawed because I believe  in democracy and respect the results of democratic elections.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.