Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

41 minutes ago, apelike said:

and are trying every means possible to get a no deal stopped.

Quite rightly too.

As only 60% of Leave supporters support no-deal and they made up only 36% of the electorate in 2016, that means that just over one fifth of the electorate support Johnson’s crazy proposal to leave without a deal.

Damn right that our elected representatives are doing what they can to stop it. The most widely used phrase by anti-no deal MPs at the moment is “I am doing this for my country, not my party,” particularly Tory MPs.

53 minutes ago, apelike said:

Thought I would give it a break for a while and just sit back and read, and its been a bit like one hand clapping.  New continuation thread but the same old stuff still going round but as this is now getting a bit exciting I am back in..

What strikes me is that we have politicians that agreed to a referendum, agreed to pass A50 and yet are now wanting to trash the lot and put the blame on others for their own incompetence. MP's are trying to force a showdown with Boris and are trying every means possible to get a no deal stopped. They are trying to force him to get yet another extension but dont seem to understand that unless the EU agree we will still be out without a deal.

I'm now waiting eagerly to see what happens later.

I agree with what you write. It's comical that MPs who voted in favour of holding a referendum and triggering Article 50 seek to rule out a no-deal.  An extension also has to be negotiated and  you rightly point out the EU  have to agree to one to prevent the legal default position of a no-deal.  Boris could ask the EU for an extension with a condition that the EU pay the UK £1 billion a week.  Those seeking to prevent the implementation of the democratic EU referendum result shouldn't be surprised if Boris has a few tricks up his sleeve in order to implement the democratic will of the people on 31st October.

Edited by Lockdoctor

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris could ask the EU for attention with a condition that the EU pays the UK £1 billion a week.  

He could do, but the EU could still grant an extension to Article 50 and ignore the £1 billion a week bit.

And you seem to still be struggling to understand that leaving without a deal is an unintended consequence of triggering Article 50 and not the purpose. When the FIA authorised Spa to hold the Belgian Grand Prix race fixtures last weekend there was a possibility that a driver could die during one of the races. Are you saying that because it was a possible outcome the FIA should not have done everything in their power to avoid Anthoine Hubert’s death?

Prime Minister Cummings has no longer got a majority.

Phillip Lee defects to the Lib Dem’s.

The referendum which was supposed to heal Tory divisions moves closer to finishing them off.

20 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And you seem to still be struggling to understand that leaving without a deal is an unintended consequence of triggering Article 50 and not the purpose. 

But.. Although it may be unintended  consequences of triggering A50 it is still a consequence of the very inept MP's who are now complaining about it when they should have take that into account in the first place.

Just now, apelike said:

But.. Although it may be unintended  consequences of triggering A50 it is still a consequence of the very inept MP's who are now complaining about it when they should have take that into account in the first place.

Amongst those unintended - I mean you would actually deliberatly want to - is the shortage of medicine that is going to kill people.

Are you going to bother to answer that or is it fingers in ears and fingers up at people you think are not encompassing the blitz spirit?

This assumed that no Labour MP's vote in line with the Torys.

Which I believe they did do on the votes for the withdrawal agreement???

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And. Here. We. Go.

BBC News - Brexit: Tory MP defects ahead of crucial no deal vote
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49570682

I assume that any Tory MPs who has the whip removed will join the Lib Dems or Change UK rather than remain in a Party which seems to have been hijacked by Farage and Cummings.

Many more Tory defections and a vote of no confidence could now lead to the Queen asking Corbyn to lead a government of national unity. That will cause a few heads to explode. 😂🤣😂

7 minutes ago, geared said:

This assumed that no Labour MP's vote in line with the Torys.

Which I believe they did do on the votes for the withdrawal agreement???

There are another 20 Tory rebels planning to vote against the government tonight. So it will take more than Kate Hoey to scupper things

Edited by Pettytom

14 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Phillip Lee defects to the Lib Dem’s.

Defecting to another party without having a by-election should be stopped. Not because of this latest news but because its seems that its OK for an elected MP to just switch when they want to.

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

There are another 20 Tory rebel’s planning to vote against the government tonight. So it will take more than Kate Hoey to scupper things

(and John Mann!)