Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, Obelix said:

Indeed they have threatened to ennoble a large n umber of Brexiters within the last few days.

Such is the strength of the "constitution". Next thing they'll be ennobling camels and Monk Bretton Trots.

This should get a few heels banging on the floor,

"Get ready for Brexit: check what you need to do

The United Kingdom is leaving the European Union on 31 October 2019.

Use this checker to find out what you or your business will need to do to get ready for Brexit.

It should only take a few minutes to complete."

https://www.gov.uk/get-ready-brexit-check

This is what I'd need to do. Talk about taking back control. Why is all this needed?

IT's easier to just become an Italian. Which is what I'm in the rpocess of doing. Move everything out again to the EU and sod the UK

You and your family

Check a passport for travel to Europe after Brexit

You may not be able to travel if you do not renew your passport in time.

Read the guidance: Passport rules for travel to Europe after Brexit

Do it as soon as possible

Check what you need to do to make sure you can travel through the border of the country you are visiting

You may not be allowed to enter the EU if you cannot show you meet immigration rules.

Read the guidance: Visit Europe after Brexit

Check whether your mobile phone company has changed its mobile roaming charges before travelling to the EU

You may be charged for using your mobile device in the EU if your operator has re-introduced roaming charges.

Check if you need an International Driving Permit before you drive in the EU, EEA or Switzerland

You may be driving illegally - you could get a fine, or your vehicle could be seized.

Read the guidance: Driving abroad

Get motor insurance green cards for your vehicle, caravan or trailer if they're registered in the UK and you'll be driving in the EU or EEA

You could get a fine or your vehicle could be seized if you do not have a motor insurance green card to prove you're insured.

Read the guidance: Driving in the EU after Brexit - Insurance for your vehicle, caravan or trailer

It takes up to one month

Put a GB sticker on the back of your vehicle if it's registered in the UK, even if your number plate already shows GB with a Euro symbol

You could get a fine if you do not have a GB sticker when you need one.

Read the guidance: Driving in the EU after Brexit - GB stickers and number plates

Check for disruption to your journey before you travel between the UK and the EU - border checks may take longer

If you do not allow enough time, you could miss your flight, train or ferry.

Your business or organisation

Check if you need to change your conformity assessment or conformity marking to sell your CE marked goods in the UK or EU

In most cases you can continue using the CE marking in the EU and UK (although in some cases you may need to transfer your certificate of conformity to an EU conformity asssesment body) - but if your good requires UKCA marking and you have not used it, then it will not be valid for sale in the UK.

Read the guidance: Prepare to use the UKCA mark after Brexit

Get legal advice if your business is merging with an EU company

If you do not follow the rules, you may be investigated by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) and the European Commission.

Read the guidance: Merger review and anti-competitive activity after Brexit

Check if you need to appoint a representative in the EU, and label your goods with your EU importer's details

If you do not meet the requirements, you may not be able to export goods to the EU.

Read the guidance: Placing manufactured goods on the EU market after Brexit

Check if your employees need a visa or work permit and meet any requirements for their profession to work in the country they’re going to

You or your employees may not be able to enter or work in some countries.

Read the guidance: Providing services to any country in the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland after Brexit

Check if you need to change how you do accounting and reporting

You may breach reporting requirements in EEA countries if you do not make any changes you need to.

Read the guidance: Accounting if there's a no-deal Brexit

Check how to label food if you're selling it in the UK or EU

You may not be able to sell goods in the EU if they're labelled incorrectly.

Read the guidance: Food labelling changes if there's a no-deal Brexit

Check if you need to pay a tariff on goods you import from the EU

Your goods will be held at customs if you do not pay the correct tariff.

Read the guidance: Check temporary rates of customs duty (tariffs) on imports after a no-deal Brexit.

It takes more than 4 weeks

Register with UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) for updates on how to claim funding after your Horizon 2020 funding stops

If you do not register, your Horizon 2020 funding will stop and you will not be able to receive funding from the UK government.

Read the guidance: Horizon 2020 funding after Brexit

Do it before 31 October

Check if your existing UK Civil Aviation Authority or EASA certificates and licences will be valid

You may not be able to work or operate in the aviation industry without valid certificates and licences.

Read the guidance: Prepare to work and operate in the European aviation sector after Brexit

Check if you need to change your contracts to broadcast licenced content outside the UK

You may not be able to broadcast outside the UK if you do not get extra copyright permissions.

Read the guidance: Copyright if there's no Brexit deal

Check if you need permission to sell someone's intellectual property in the EEA, if you've already sold it in the UK

You may not be able to export your intellectual property protected products from the UK to the EEA without the right permission.

Read the guidance: Brexit and exhaustion of intellectual property rights

Check contracts relating to EU space programmes with your contracting authority

You may not be able to bid for future contracts with EU space programmes.

Read the guidance: Satellites and space programmes after Brexit

Check if you need to find replacement data if you're using data from the Copernicus satellite programme

You may lose access to some Copernicus data and your services may not work.

Read the guidance: Satellites and space programmes after Brexit - Copernicus

Check what documents your employees need to make and operate aircraft for the gas and oil industry in the EU, EEA and Switzerland

You will not be able to make or operate aircraft for the gas and oil industry in the EU, EEA and Switzerland without the right documents.

Read the guidance: Prepare to work and operate in the European aviation sector after Brexit

Up to one week

Find out how to exchange your UK Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) for an EU Driver CPC

You will not be able to drive a lorry for an EU operator if you do not have an EU Driver CPC.

Read the guidance: Drive in the EU after Brexit: lorry and goods vehicle drivers

Check how to get approval to sell vehicles and vehicle parts in the UK and the EU

You will not be able to sell vehicles or vehicle parts in the UK and the EU if they are not approved correctly.

Read the guidance: Vehicle type-approval if there’s no Brexit deal

It takes more than 4 weeks

Disclose your designs before 31 October if you want unregistered protection in the UK and EU

If you do not do this before 31 October, you’ll only have protection where you first showed your design, either the UK or the EU.

Read the guidance: Changes to registered design, design rights and international design and trade mark law if the UK leaves the EU without a deal

Check what you need to do if you're a lawyer with an EU or EEA qualification to still work or provide legal services in the UK

You may not be able to continue working or providing legal services in the UK if you do not prepare.

Read the guidance: EU lawyers in the UK after a no-deal Brexit

Check what you need to do if you own a UK legal services business

You may not be able to continue providing legal services in the same way if you do not get your business ready.

Read the guidance: Legal services business owners after a no-deal Brexit

Check what you need to do if you're a lawyer with a UK qualification to still work or provide legal services in the EU

You may not be able to continue working or providing legal services in the EU if you do not prepare.

Read the guidance: UK lawyers practising in the EU, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein in a no-deal Brexit

Find out if a no deal Brexit will affect your business on the Financial Conduct Authority’s website

Financial institutions that carry out business between the UK and EEA may not be able to operate if they do not have the right plan in place.

Read the guidance: Information for financial institutions if there’s no Brexit deal

Ask your employees to check if they need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

Your employees may not be able to continue living or working in the UK as they do now, if they do not apply to the scheme.

Read the guidance: Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status)

What a surprise. The government knows none of it's proposed alternatives to the backstop will work. Irish border after Brexit – all ideas are beset by issues says secret paper

All potential solutions to the post-Brexit Irish border are fraught with difficulty and would leave smaller businesses struggling to cope, experts have said, as leaked government papers outline major concerns just two months before Britain is due to leave the EU.

A report summarising the findings of the government’s official “alternative arrangements” working groups concluded that there are issues with all the scenarios put forward to try to replace the backstop arrangement. There are also specific concerns over whether any technological solution could be delivered to monitor cross-border trade.

There might be short term issues but I suspect they will soon be ironed out and forgotten about. I doubt this will be the beginning of a slide back into the dark ages. and I predict not one person will die of starvation. First world problems....

I expect the news reports of panic buying and empty shelves will be along soon.

Edited by lil-minx92

1 hour ago, retep said:

It seems the remoaners are poor in spirit and soul,

Do you have any proof the shops won't have as much stock or is that just in your hopes, there goes that cheap crystal ball again.

I’ve got proof that there is plenty of dtuff in the shops at present. All at reasonable prices too.

Yesterday, we had an extremist Brexit minister telling us that we’d have “the food we need” and that prices would probably be going up. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

There’s also ample proof that the UK is already 15% poorer.

Trouble is, all you extremists won’t admit that this is already a catastrophe and is about to get worse.

Well done

27 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

There might be short term issues but I suspect they will soon be ironed out and forgotten about. I doubt this will be the beginning of a slide back into the dark ages. and I predict not one person will die of starvation. First world problems....

What about dying because EU sourced medicines can't get through?

31 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

What’s the upside then?

If we are to endure “short term issues”, what is the reward at the end of it?

I already know about blue passports, chorine washed chicken and getting shafted by everyone in bilateral trade negotiations.  Any other advantages that I’ve missed?

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

What’s the upside then?

If we are to endure “short term issues”, what is the reward at the end of it?

I already know about blue passports, chorine washed chicken and getting shafted by everyone in bilateral trade negotiations.  Any other advantages that I’ve missed?

Good luck with that, been asking that question for over 3 years without getting anything remotely convincing as an answer.

48 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I'll just wait a while and then show you how wrong, naive and trusting you were thanks.

So you can't produce the evidence, just like the rest of the remoaners you're using the negatives , as for naive and trusting the only one I trust is me.

2 minutes ago, retep said:

So you can't produce the evidence, just like the rest of the remoaners you're using the negatives , as for naive and trusting the only one I trust is me.

That must helpful if you need surgery.

1 minute ago, tinfoilhat said:

That must helpful if you need surgery.

Wait while you get a pair of scissors left in.