Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

Win what? We have already had a referendum where the winners were declared to be in the majority for leave.

How’s that going?

4 minutes ago, apelike said:

Win what? We have already had a referendum where the winners were declared to be in the majority for leave.

Correct, there are no flies on you, but who is on about the 2016 referendum? I am on about the 2019 general election. Also could you link me to any fake news that Top Cat has posted that could affect the result of that general election please?

35 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Also could you link me to any fake news that Top Cat has posted that could affect the result of that general election please?

Tell you what! I shall donate £100 to Sheffield Childrens’ Hospital if apelike can produce a single piece of evidence for his claims that I keep using fake news in my posts.

And while he’s at it, maybe he can address my point that it is almost exclusively the Leave campaign which produces and spreads fake news.

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Tell you what! I shall donate £100 to Sheffield Childrens’ Hospital if apelike can produce a single piece of evidence for his claims that I keep using fake news in my posts.

Exactly, that's why I called him out on it.

4 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Correct, there are no flies on you, but who is on about the 2016 referendum? I am on about the 2019 general election.

In case you have not realised this is a brexit thread, if you want to discuss the GE then do so on the GE thread.

4 hours ago, Dardandec said:

Also could you link me to any fake news that Top Cat has posted that could affect the result of that general election please?

See above.

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I said some of your posts and here is one example:  Unless you can produce evidence and details of your claim that the referendum was discredited (fake news) then I look forward to you giving that £100 to the hospital!

3 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And while he’s at it, maybe he can address my point that it is almost exclusively the Leave campaign which produces and spreads fake news.

But you never stated that it was almost exclusively the leave campaign that produces and spreads fake news though did you? BTW it is wrong to say "almost exclusively" as it either is or it is not.

On 28/10/2019 at 19:16, Top Cats Hat said:

There was no result to implement.

It was an advisory referendum where not only did neither side attract the support of even 40% of the electorate, but there was only 1% between the two options. As I have said many times, it was an act of great political cowardice to promise to leave the EU based on that inconclusive, discredited referendum, not least because every poll before and since has shown that the majority of citizens wish to remain in the EU.

This reporting of FAKE NEWS has to stop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

As is easily checkable, in the June 2016 referendum Leave had a UK vote share of 51.9 per cent (17,410,742 votes).

Remain had a UK vote share of 48.1 per cent (16,141,241 votes).

A difference of 3.8 per cent between the two options.

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/itn-brexit-referendum-poll-october-2019/

ITN BREXIT REFERENDUM POLL OCTOBER 2019

Biggest Poll on Brexit since referendum

26,000 adults surveyed by ComRes across the UK

Results shows more than half (54%) of British public support the UK abiding by the referendum result and leaving the EU, regardless of the way they voted in the 2016 Referendum.

Edited by Car Boot

11 hours ago, Car Boot said:

This reporting of FAKE NEWS has to stop.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_referendum/results

As is easily checkable, in the June 2016 referendum Leave had a UK vote share of 51.9 per cent (17,410,742 votes).

Remain had a UK vote share of 48.1 per cent (16,141,241 votes).

A difference of 3.8 per cent between the two options.

https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/itn-brexit-referendum-poll-october-2019/

ITN BREXIT REFERENDUM POLL OCTOBER 2019

Biggest Poll on Brexit since referendum

26,000 adults surveyed by ComRes across the UK

Results shows more than half (54%) of British public support the UK abiding by the referendum result and leaving the EU, regardless of the way they voted in the 2016 Referendum.

So you welcome Jeremy corbyns plan for a people’s vote then yes?

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

So you welcome Jeremy corbyns plan for a people’s vote then yes?

I think Jeremy has been forced into it by Blairite elements in the party.

Jeremy, like myself, is a lifelong opponent of the European capitalist project, the EU. The Labour party is a democratic party, so a second referendum will happen under a Labour government because a lot of the members support it.

Edited by Car Boot

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I think Jeremy has been forced into it by Blairite elements in the party.

Jeremy, like myself, is a lifelong opponent of the European capitalist project, the EU. The Labour party is a democratic party, so a second referendum will happen under a Labour government because a lot of the members support it.

Isn't that "a lot" an overwhelming majority?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/02/most-labour-members-believe-corbyn-should-back-second-brexit-vote

And didn't a large majority Labour voters vote remain in the referendum?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48039984

Timely thread bump: Elon Musk has decided to site his European factory in Germany due to the uncertainty caused by Brexit. He’s also dropped plans for a U.K. R&D center, which will now also be sited in Germany.

Thanks Brexit.

It's not like this wasn't so sadly predictable.

But, y'know, something about fish.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

Timely thread bump: Elon Musk has decided to site his European factory in Germany due to the uncertainty caused by Brexit. He’s also dropped plans for a U.K. R&D center, which will now also be sited in Germany.

The Tesla effect eh!

https://carbuzz.com/news/bmw-and-mercedes-are-not-happy-with-tesla-right-now