Jump to content

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Heres the petition ;)

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/269157

because its nothing to do with what you said and all about Boris and his right wing dictatorship, hypocrisy, a lack of parliamentary sovereignty, a lack of democrasy all to sneak brexit in via the back door...it stinks.

So when do you think parliament will get round to debating this petition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

So when do you think parliament will get round to debating this petition?

Never. It's pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

They parliament have had over 3 years trying to stop brexit all together. So saying that this is sneaking brexit in by the backdoor is ridiculous.

nonsense, Boris both voted for and against Mays deal, this is the sneaking through of a no deal brexit without the say of the mother of all parliaments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

nonsense, Boris both voted for and against Mays deal, this is the sneaking through of a no deal brexit without the say of the mother of all parliaments.

Parliament has had enough time they voted 3 times and rejected a deal knowing full well the EU had said many times that the deal with the UK on the withdrawal agreement wasn’t open to further discussion. They have prevaricated long enough. So if we do leave without a deal they who did vote to reject have no one else to blame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Parliament has had enough time they voted 3 times and rejected a deal knowing full well the EU had said many times that the deal with the UK on the withdrawal agreement wasn’t open to further discussion. They have prevaricated long enough. So if we do leave without a deal they who did vote to reject have no one else to blame.

none of that STILL negates what has just happened..............we havent left without a deal, we havent gone past october 31st without a deal, we have sacrificed democracy so we will go past october 31st, we have done it through the back door

37 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

So when do you think parliament will get round to debating this petition?

not in time now the dictator has bypassed a democratic parliament, but signing it DOES show that people care, even if it is symbolic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m really intrigued by all of the “take back control, it’s what we voted for” brigade all cheering on such a profoundly anti-democratic measure.

 

I’ve no idea how ordinary voters can see this as right or proper. I’m even more confused by elected members of parliament who are so power crazed that they are happy to ignore the fact that they are indeed elected representatives, just to get what they want.

 

It give the lie to the idea that Brexit is about the power to make our own decisions in our own parliament. Perhaps it was all about those pesky immigrants after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Boris,his supporters and advisers are setting a fine example to the working population.

When we had a crisis at work we were prepared to put in long hours,weekends,holidays to achieve a solution.

Not this lot.

As the country faces its biggest crisis since WW2,not only do they take the usual Summer recess,they then take out additional days at a critical time,not to solve a problem,but to evade one.

Then Boris has the bare faced effrontery to claim that this is not designed to avoid debate on his No Deal Brexit.

His jovial buffoonery has got him much further than his talent deserves.

 

Edited by RJRB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bet The Hum got louder today.

 

"The Earth’s mysterious hum has been recorded – but scientists still can’t explain what’s causing it"

 

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2017/12/08/earth-really-mysterious-hum-scientists-still-cant-explain-7142605/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

Democracy is delivering the result of the referendum. What is undemocratic is trying to stop Brexit. 

I actually disagree with this stance.

 

When the parties went into the election before the referendum, we were advised it was advisory.

It was only once the leave campaign looked like they might win that the parties said they would stand by the result - that in its own way was undemocratic - the UK electorate didn't elect the ruling party at that time to deliver on the referendum, just to hold it.

After the referendum, the ruling party said it would deliver 'a deal'  - this hasn't happened, and thus those that voted for the ruling party expecting a deal have been dealt with in an undemocratic way.

 

Finally the tiny percentage that leave won by are now dead - and therefore delivering brexit without asking the electorate for confirmation is entirely undemocratic.

 

All of this layered on top of the decision of the  fascist, lying, cheating, misogynistic unelected PM that we have now, means that the dictator state of the CONservatives has truly come home to roost.

 

Anyone who says that what is happening is democratic is a traitor to the UK, its electorate and democracy as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Litotes said:

I actually disagree with this stance.

 

When the parties went into the election before the referendum, we were advised it was advisory.

It was only once the leave campaign looked like they might win that the parties said they would stand by the result - that in its own way was undemocratic - the UK electorate didn't elect the ruling party at that time to deliver on the referendum, just to hold it.

After the referendum, the ruling party said it would deliver 'a deal'  - this hasn't happened, and thus those that voted for the ruling party expecting a deal have been dealt with in an undemocratic way.

 

Finally the tiny percentage that leave won by are now dead - and therefore delivering brexit without asking the electorate for confirmation is entirely undemocratic.

 

All of this layered on top of the decision of the  fascist, lying, cheating, misogynistic unelected PM that we have now, means that the dictator state of the CONservatives has truly come home to roost.

 

Anyone who says that what is happening is democratic is a traitor to the UK, its electorate and democracy as a whole.

Right up to and including the day of the referendum it seemed like remain would win so your statement is wrong. I voted to remain not out of love for the EU but better the devil you know. I personally can’t remember it being said this was an advisory referendum only.

Edited by hobinfoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Right up to and including  day of the referendum it seemed like remain would win so your statement is wrong. I voted to remain not out of love for the EU but better the devil you know. I personally can’t remember it being said this was an advisory referendum only.

https://fullfact.org/europe/was-eu-referendum-advisory/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.