Jump to content
We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Groose

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Groose

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Let's be honest whatever Boris does you will criticise him.  Honest people acknowledge that Boris has done everything in his power to try to get the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result  implemented on 31st October.  The people who supported Boris becoming Tory leader and Prime Minister will continue to support him after 31st October has passed.  Only losers who have no respect for democracy will try to use the 'dead in the ditch' comment against him.

Another lie Boris told - along with his reasons for proroguing parliament and having a Queens Speech.

 

They aren't half adding up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And when an advisory referendum no longer reflects the views of the electorate, it is normal to reconsider the result of that referendum.

No it not and the advisory bit does not matter in this referendum result. It also reflects the views of those of the electorate that took time to vote at the time, which the bit that counts, just like in a GE.

 

Name one referendum in the UK where the result has ever been reconsidered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And when an advisory referendum no longer reflects the views of the electorate, it is normal to reconsider the result of that referendum.

How is it normal because we've never had a democratic referendum in which afterwards  parliament has failed to implement the result?

 

29 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Another lie Boris told - along with his reasons for proroguing parliament and having a Queens Speech.

 

They aren't half adding up.

Hilarious.  Are you saying  Boris has lied because he is not dead in a ditch?

Edited by Lockdoctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corbyn must have used all the excuses out of the manual, so now resorting to , we don't want an election in december because it will be cold and dark. The poor elderly and students and women that don't want to walk around at night. Think of those poor children as well. (if diane or harriet had delivered that message)

 

What a sorry state of affairs, when there is no government anymore, and the leader of the opposition chickens out because he knows they'll lose (is this really the best the country can offer?)

 

 

 

 

Edited by *_ash_*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

we've never had a democratic referendum in which afterwards  parliament has failed to implement the result?

There was no result to implement.

 

It was an advisory referendum where not only did neither side attract the support of even 40% of the electorate, but there was only 1% between the two options. As I have said many times, it was an act of great political cowardice to promise to leave the EU based on that inconclusive, discredited referendum, not least because every poll before and since has shown that the majority of citizens wish to remain in the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

There was no result to implement.

 

It was an advisory referendum where not only did neither side attract the support of even 40% of the electorate, but there was only 1% between the two options. As I have said many times, it was an act of great political cowardice to promise to leave the EU based on that inconclusive, discredited referendum, not least because every poll before and since has shown that the majority of citizens wish to remain in the EU.

ah, I see, the same old posts from you, although I see, you've altered your %s stance/wording again :)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, apelike said:

No it not and the advisory bit does not matter in this referendum result. It also reflects the views of those of the electorate that took time to vote at the time, which the bit that counts, just like in a GE.

 

Name one referendum in the UK where the result has ever been reconsidered?

Time to set a precedent to protect the citizens of the U.K. and future generations from the folly of Brexit which offers nothing of benefit to our country.

Sit back and consider what positives can possibly follow from leaving the EU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corbyn is an absolute joke. I won't support an election until no deal is off the table, how rediculous. How's about let the public decide how they want Brexit to go with the election. Everyone will know the different party's stance on how they want us to leave so let us decide or does he know he will struggle to win after all that boasting labour are ready for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NERVY-OWL said:

Corbyn is an absolute joke. I won't support an election until no deal is off the table, how rediculous. How's about let the public decide how they want Brexit to go with the election. Everyone will know the different party's stance on how they want us to leave so let us decide or does he know he will struggle to win after all that boasting labour are ready for it

You seem to be missing the point that whilst we are deciding, the duplicitous Johnson might be taking us out without a deal.

 

You can’t blame anyone for refusing to trust Boris Johnson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Corbyn is an absolute joke. I won't support an election until no deal is off the table, how rediculous. How's about let the public decide how they want Brexit to go with the election.

The public won’t be deciding if an election is called and Bozo decides to delay it until after January.

 

That is Bozo deciding how he wants Brexit to go. Very democratic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Corbyn is an absolute joke. I won't support an election until no deal is off the table, how rediculous. How's about let the public decide how they want Brexit to go with the election. Everyone will know the different party's stance on how they want us to leave so let us decide or does he know he will struggle to win after all that boasting labour are ready for it

Settle Brexit then go for GE whenever.

Thats the logical way forward.Brexit is but one major issue and should be debated and voted upon as a single issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RJRB said:

Settle Brexit then go for GE whenever.

Thats the logical way forward.Brexit is but one major issue and should be debated and voted upon as a single issue.

It can't be settled without an election, that's the point. All the remainers say the ones that voted out have changed our minds, well chance to prove that with an election.

Boris can't take us out so no pointcsaying that. He's giving parliament a chance to read the agreement before an election, not much else he can do but remainers want to put it on permanent hold. Believe it or not Corbyn doesn't speak for the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.