Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

20 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

So, a dedicated Marxist like yourself doesn’t want a left wing government led by corbyn but a really right wing Tory one with a working majority to do as it will, unhindered, for 5 years, led by Boris Johnson.

Is that about right?

If Jeremy supports Remain in a Brexit dominated general election he would ensure that the Labour party loses most of its working class votes. He is well aware of this, and does not want Labour - a party set up to be the voice of the workers - to be just a voice of the EU supporting bosses and the affluent middle class.

Edited by Car Boot

50 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You're exactly  correct. It's in the Labour Party's best interest for the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result to be delivered on 31st October.  There was a BBC News report last week from Barnsley which is a very strong Labour supporting area. Every person who was interviewed said they had voted for Labour in the past but support Boris for what he is trying do which is to implement the democratic 2016 EU Referendum result.  The BBC stated they went to Barnsley on 24th June 2016 and the support for our country leaving the EU hasn't lessened from the people of Barnsley during the time that has passed

I live in Barnsley and I can vouch that this is true.    In fact the  ' want to leave '  is  much stronger now than it was in 2016.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

The rich have never been so afraid. 

The very rich are rubbing their hands. They stand to benefit most from Brexit.

1 hour ago, francypants said:

I live in Barnsley and I can vouch that this is true.    In fact the  ' want to leave '  is  much stronger now than it was in 2016.

No you can't, unless of course you have done some polling and are happy to share your results?

Ironically for the Labour MPs who supported this deal thinking that they would save their seats, they will now hopefully all be deselected, particularly those who voted against May’s ‘softer Brexit’ who now think that it is OK to support Bozo’s ‘harder Brexit’.

I think the EU might offer a shorter extension of one month or less to allow time for the bill to discussed in Parliament.  There will be a new Speaker of the House after 31st October which is good news for the Government.  The first vote tonight was the more important vote that Boris won.  The law forcing an extension could very well backfire on the Brexit blockers in Parliament.

Interestingly, Stephen Kinnock voted against the deal, after spending the past month telling anyone who would listen that he would vote for any Brexit bill proposed.

1 hour ago, francypants said:

Being from Barnsley is not to be proud of, when you have residents voting for Brexit because “they wanted to keep the Muslims out, but free movement within the EU was ok”. 

Well done there. 

13 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I think the EU might offer a shorter extension of one month or less to allow time for the bill to discussed in Parliament.  There will be a new Speaker of the House after 31st October which is good news for the Government.  The first vote tonight was the more important vote that Boris won.  The law forcing an extension could very well backfire on the Brexit blockers in Parliament.

It really wasn’t. The timetable vote was far more important as Johnson said he would pull the bill if he couldn’t ram it through in 3 days. 

Also, it has been stated that the deal is not formally dead, but it has been rendered inert. 

So as Farage has tweeted “we’ve moved on to dying in a ditch”. 

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

So, a dedicated Marxist like yourself doesn’t want a left wing government led by corbyn but a really right wing Tory one with a working majority to do as it will, unhindered, for 5 years, led by Boris Johnson.

Is that about right?

If we don't deliver Brexit then a hard right Tory government with a working majority will be in power for the next five years.

It's a straight choice between leaving the EU or Tory austerity. I choose Brexit every time!

8 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

If we don't deliver Brexit then a hard right Tory government with a working majority will be in power for the next five years.

It's a straight choice between leaving the EU or Tory austerity. I choose Brexit every time!

Not sure how you see a choice there.

It could be both

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Margaret Thatcher would be proud of you ,old chap.

You and Anne Widdecombe combining to facilitate a totally deregulated economy.

Thatcher loved the EU Single Market. 

The Single Market was designed by Margaret Thatcher’s government in the 1980s to benefit the bosses.

"A single market without barriers – visible or invisible – giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the world's wealthiest and most prosperous people". Margaret Thatcher,  Lancaster House 1988 to an audience of bosses.

If you love the EU and the Single Market, you also love Maggie Thatcher.

Edited by Car Boot