Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

46 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The job will (probably) be done when we get the extension. Any other outcome could be serious for Johnson. 

I’d be interested to see you quote the posts where I say that I hope he’s banged up.

How can Boris be blamed if the EU don't grant an extension?  The EU made it clear before Saturday's vote in Parliament that they didn't want there to be an extension.  Juncker said within minutes of confirmation of the new Withdrawal Agreement on offer last Thursday that there was no justification for an extension and he wouldn't support one.

22 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

How can Boris be blamed if the EU don't grant an extension?  The EU made it clear before Saturday's vote in Parliament that they didn't want there to be an extension.  Juncker said within minutes of confirmation of the new Withdrawal Agreement on offer last Thursday that there was no justification for an extension and he wouldn't support one.

To the ones in need of education. See “Padfield”. 

17 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

To the ones in need of education. See “Padfield”. 

You are too kind😀

10 days to go then we are OUT.

Delaying again would be a serious mistake.

The EU doesn't want us as a member.

The majority of the UK electorate don't want EU membership.

Only the affluent middle class, the rich and the wealthy establishment want us to keep our membership. It's much too late for that. Remainers want to turn back the clock to when (pre-referendum) David Cameron or Tony Blair were in office. Hell No!

We don't want the EU. We don't like the EU. We don't need the EU. 

2 hours ago, apelike said:

The ones eligible to vote would be those who are the correct age and qualify if and when another referendum is called.:huh:

So you are advocating a referendum for all registered voters but only offering options supported by a minority of those voters.

You do realise how bonkers that sounds, don’t you?

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

The job will (probably) be done when we get the extension. Any other outcome could be serious for Johnson. 

I’d be interested to see you quote the posts where I say that I hope he’s banged up.

Read the first line of your post without looking for others of a similar ilk.  What are you intimating if not Court action against the PM.

Angel1.

11 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Read the first line of your post without looking for others of a similar ilk.  What are you intimating if not Court action against the PM.

Angel1.

I’m suggesting that the PM  has behaved potentially illegally. 

Court action is already underway, if you hadn’t noticed 

Why do you ask?

Edited by Pettytom

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So you are advocating a referendum for all registered voters but only offering options supported by a minority of those voters.

I think you are getting confused. If A50 gets revoked and we have another referendum then it would obviously include remain as an option again. If A50 is not revoked and a supplementary confirmatory referendum is held it should then be on whether we leave with a proposed deal or leave without a deal. The first referendum has already shown up the fact that the majority that took part in it had already voted by a majority to leave and its how we leave that is at stake now. We keep being told by remainers that a deal or no deal was never mentioned before so it's logical to have any further additional or confirmatory referendum based on just that. But, I have to remind you that it's not up to the public but parliament and as they have already shown they are not keen on revoking A50 and having another referendum that would be the best option and path to go down.

26 minutes ago, apelike said:

I think you are getting confused. If A50 gets revoked and we have another referendum then it would obviously include remain as an option again. If A50 is not revoked and a supplementary confirmatory referendum is held it should then be on whether we leave with a proposed deal or leave without a deal. The first referendum has already shown up the fact that the majority that took part in it had already voted by a majority to leave and its how we leave that is at stake now. We keep being told by remainers that a deal or no deal was never mentioned before so it's logical to have any further additional or confirmatory referendum based on just that. But, I have to remind you that it's not up to the public but parliament and as they have already shown they are not keen on revoking A50 and having another referendum that would be the best option and path to go down.

Leaving without a deal is not an option, I have been saying this on the consequence threads forever, so you Brexiteers need to get that into you're systems. That's why we are still in after three and a half years. No deal = not an option, suck it up. Any future referendum can only be the deal we have already as members, or a worse deal. They are the only options, one day you will realise this.

3 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Hi Angel1. 😀 Remind me please, of when Turkey are joining the EU and 40 million immigrants are going to pile over here? Remember that fake news that helped leave win? Oh and wish your wife good look from me when she leaves the UK.

1 hour ago, Dardandec said:

Leaving without a deal is not an option, I have been saying this on the consequence threads forever, so you Brexiteers need to get that into you're systems. That's why we are still in after three and a half years. No deal = not an option, suck it up.

Sorry to disappoint you but a no deal even after all this time is still the default legal position unless something happens between now and the end of any extension that may be granted. The only way it would not happen is if a deal is accepted or A50 is revoked by parliament before any extension deadline.

So no deal = one of the options available. Mabe take some time to read about how it all works as you seem to be struggling with the concept.

Edited by apelike

1 hour ago, Dardandec said:

Any future referendum can only be the deal we have already as members, or a worse deal. 

Not true... We can have a referendum on re-joining anytime we want after we leave, if parliament decides to hold another.