Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

3 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

If the UK parliament throws this agreement back I think the EU will say no matter what we do it will not be good enough for you and wave goodbye.

That's exactly what Juncker was suggesting by his comments. Any MP who thinks the new deal on offer is better than a no deal is taking a big gamble by voting  against it in the hope the deadline is extended after 31st October.  No-deal is the default legal position and the only way to guarantee that will not happen is if Parliament supports the new Withdrawal Agreement on offer.

You forget that if its thrown back and no extension there is of course always the option to revoke article 50....

1 minute ago, Obelix said:

You forget that if its thrown back and no extension there is of course always the option to revoke article 50....

As Gove said to Andrew Neil this lunchtime, "that aint going to happen"  but its still an option, "that aint going to happen".

Remainers now clutching at straws.

Angel1.

“Member states decline to follow Jean-Claude Juncker, who ‘ruled out’ further delay”

So, Johnson just had his trump card taken away.

30 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

As Gove said to Andrew Neil this lunchtime, "that aint going to happen"  but its still an option, "that aint going to happen".

Remainers now clutching at straws.

Angel1.

How do you know? Can you see into future?

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

How do you know? Can you see into future?

Just reporting what Gove told Neil. If he can see into the future, I know not. But it is safe to assume he has a better handle on it then either you or I.

Angel1.

I couldn't help but notice all the warm hugs and shaking of hands from other EU leaders with Boris today, then the Irish PM saying "if leaving doesn't work out for us we'd be welcome back". 

Boris seems to be popular with them all, I thought, or perhaps they're just relieved to be rid of us. 

A deal with the EU is impossible.

Let's have a clean No Deal Brexit and forget we were ever a part of the cartel.

27 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Just reporting what Gove told Neil. If he can see into the future, I know not. But it is safe to assume he has a better handle on it then either you or I.

Angel1.

But he lies a lot, so you have no idea what he’s going to do. You haven’t got a crystal ball.

7 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Let's have a clean No Deal Brexit and forget we were ever a part of the cartel.

With no DUP support and a starting position of -21 MPs from when he started. 

This deal will not win parliamentary support. An extension will happen as 27 member states say they will allow it. 

So what next? I thinking leaving just will not happen without a democratic exercise, most likely a referendum. 

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Only for the Tories who have bent over backwards to please the DUP and the ERG - no attempt to establish a consensus with the rest of the country.

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

My argument is that Nigel Farage who is  a MEP interpreted Junckers comments as there will not be another extension to the 31st October deadline.   I'm not disputing the irony of Farage's tweet and did read the comments about his tweet in the twitter feed.   If I was unkind to you I would say that you only made a comment about the irony of Farage's tweet after reading the comments of Twitter uses made and you have no opinions of your own.

You're being unkind to yourself: a "no deal" Brexit is Nigel's company's sole and only policy, and that is not exactly a state secret - it's been plastered all over the Brexit Party's website, tweets and campaigning for months.

Now, kindly explain to me why he would moan at Juncker's statement, when that statement offers him exactly that "no deal" outcome with the refusal of an extension?

:rolleyes:

So, either Nigel is being hypocritical, or he's denser than a black hole. Which is it?

Yes, indeed it doesn't take reading reply tweets to figure that one out, if you've got an IQ higher than a gerbil...or the average Brexit Party supporter :lol:

Edited by L00b