Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

10 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I think you're a nutcase, a spiteful one at that.

People like padders aren't trying to rig anything, they'd like another say on an important issue now they have more information. It's odd you don't aim your bile at liars like Johnson and Cummins who are quite literally trying to rig things.

You need to calm down  and read comments more carefully.  I haven't labelled any posters personally.  If I was a snowflake I would take offence at your personal comments directed at me.

The 17.4 million who voted to leave didn't tell any lies and don't deserve to be cheated out of their democratic wish.  Politicians from both sides of the arguments are equally guilty of being economical with the truth both before and after the democratic 2016 EU Referendum vote.

Well it's looking increasingly likely that everyone will get their democratic wish as a deal seems to be coming along.

Obviously it's pretty much May's deal with some concessions done on the Irish border, we've already seen Boris's more recent proposal, talk is there's a few more concessions being planned ontop of that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50044873

57 minutes ago, geared said:

Well it's looking increasingly likely that everyone will get their democratic wish as a deal seems to be coming along.

Obviously it's pretty much May's deal with some concessions done on the Irish border, we've already seen Boris's more recent proposal, talk is there's a few more concessions being planned ontop of that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50044873

There isn't enough lipstick in the world to make that pig appealing enough to the DUP.

The customary practice from last year, would have the DUP learning the details of the deal from a Belgian MEP reading them out on the Robert Schuman roudabout outside the EU offices, then promptly ringing Johnson to nyet their support in the HoC just as he's poised to sign on the dotted line in the EU Council meeting :lol:

Edited by L00b

from the sounds of things a few of the extra concessions relate to taking away how much of a say Stormount gets in proceedings.

Initially they were going to have a veto, I believe that fell by the wayside pretty quickly.

Edited by geared

40 minutes ago, L00b said:

There isn't enough lipstick in the world to make that pig appealing enough to the DUP.

The customary practice from last year, would have the DUP learning the details of the deal from a Belgian MEP reading them out on the Robert Schuman roudabout outside the EU offices, then promptly ringing Johnson to nyet their support in the HoC just as he's poised to sign on the dotted line in the EU Council meeting :lol:

None of us know the true details of what's being negotiated at the moment. The DUP trust Boris much more than they ever trusted Theresa May.  Boris is a much better Politician than Theresa May.  The  DUP will face another General Election soon and it's in their own interest not to lose support from their regular voters.  It's in the Labour Party's interest, as well as the Tory Party's interest to get Brexit resolved before a General Election.  There are reports of over 20 Labour MPs who will support a deal and most of the 21 Tory rebels who lost the whip will support a deal.   A deal has a very good chance of getting through Parliament now.  Also the individual EU Nations must be tired of Brexit negotiations and want it sorted out now.

There has also been a report suggesting the EU might hold another emergency summit before the 31st October deadline,  if agreements are not made this week.  That would surely alter the legal situation regarding Boris asking for an extension to Article 50.  

29 minutes ago, geared said:

from the sounds of things a few of the extra concessions relate to taking away how much of a say Stormount gets in proceedings.

Initially they were going to have a veto, I believe that fell by the wayside pretty quickly.

The tl;dr take on the current situation, is that Barnier manoeuvred Johnson into putting the customs border back in the Irish sea (Theresa May's original deal, before the DUP made her extend it to a UK-wide solution).  

The DUP holds sway over Stormont (as in, has stalled it dead for years now), so that veto notion was never going to fly with the EU27. Though with the noise they're currently making about 'Burned' (and check out the extra PR effect of these DUP threats on the book in Amazon's top books list - oh, but what political acumen the DUP has! :lol:), if enough people read the book we could see the DUP very soon go the way of the Social Democrats ;)

14 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

None of us know the true details of what's being negotiated at the moment. The DUP trust Boris much more than they ever trusted Theresa May.  Boris is a much better Politician than Theresa May.  The  DUP will face another General Election soon and it's in their own interest not to lose support from their regular voters.  It's in the Labour Party's interest, as well as the Tory Party's interest to get Brexit resolved before a General Election.  There are reports of over 20 Labour MPs who will support a deal and most of the 21 Tory rebels who lost the whip will support a deal.   A deal has a very good chance of getting through Parliament now.  Also the individual EU Nations must be tired of Brexit negotiations and want it sorted out now.

There has also been a report suggesting the EU might hold another emergency summit before the 31st October deadline,  if agreements are not made this week.  That would surely alter the legal situation regarding Boris asking for an extension to Article 50.  

The optics are just that, optics. Nothing of substance has changed between the UK and the EU27 and the mood music, as reported today from Brussels and Luxembourg, is "0% chance of a deal by end this week, 1% chance of a deal by 31 October".

"Boris is a much better politician than Theresa May" : comedy gold! :lol::lol:

I sometimes wonder,

What if we leave, and make a huge success of it....

So the German people do the same, flourish , rearm, and become a world power... what next?

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

I sometimes wonder,

So the German people do the same, flourish , rearm, and become a world power... what next?

The Russians might have a word with them.

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

I sometimes wonder,

Germany would be the last member to leave if the UK are seen to be hugely successful as a consequence of leaving the EU.  The EU benefits Germany the most because they are the EU's biggest exporter to other EU nations thanks to their strong manufacturing industries.

You do make a valid point about peace in Europe which was the original reason for the EU because Germany and France were always causing wars.

31 minutes ago, L00b said:

we could see the DUP very soon go the way of the Social Democrats ;)

This has been on the cards for a while though I believe, support for the DUP in NI is falling fast and they're due to lose their ass in the next election.

25 minutes ago, Padders said:

I sometimes wonder,

Different times padders and - this is the important bit - the Germans have reflected, learnt and moved on from WW2. We as a nation really really haven't.

Sure, we could make a success out of brexit on paper but Ive no idea how. 

47 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Different times padders and - this is the important bit - the Germans have reflected, learnt and moved on from WW2. We as a nation really really haven't.

Sure, we could make a success out of brexit on paper but Ive no idea how. 

Nationalism is on the rise in Germany again TF, I'm sure they will be keeping a close eye on events here.

Success here will only further their cause.