Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

3 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Jess Phillips willing to stab Jeremy Corbyn 'in the front, not the back'

You do know that that stabbing someone in the back is a euphemism for undermining or betraying them, don’t you?

You don’t actually stab someone in the back with a knife.

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How angry do you have to be to threaten to kill someone?

We’re talking about a referendum three and a half years ago, not a war or a terrorist campaign.

And I’m not entirely sure that many of the female MPs telling of the daily abuse they receive seemed to be enjoying it. It was reported recently that stress and absence due to illness among MPs had risen to record levels. The only people I saw enjoying themselves were the public schoolboys egging Bozo on.

They are not real threats to kill because the people making these threats are idiots hiding behind keyboards.  The whole death threats has been exaggerated just like everything has been by the people who don't respect the 2016 democratic EU referendum result and seek to block the implementation.  The behaviour by both sides has been bad in Parliament especially by some of the  women  MPs who act like fishwives.  

Leave voters are entitled to feel angry about being cheated out of their democratic wish but there is not excuse for making any kind of threat to kill whether real or not. 

Edited by Lockdoctor

12 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The whole death threats has been exaggerated

Tell that to Bedfordshire Police after they advised Anna Soubry to stay away from home after a death threat had been sent to her home address.

When you put your pathetic Brexit above the lives of real people you forfeit the right to any kind of moral high ground on the matter.

25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Tell that to Bedfordshire Police after they advised Anna Soubry to stay away from home after a death threat had been sent to her home address.

When you put your pathetic Brexit above the lives of real people you forfeit the right to any kind of moral high ground on the matter.

The only thing I would tell Bedforshire Police  is to spend more time investigating real crimes  and arresting real criminals.

As stated there is no excuse for fake death threats.  Leave voters have the moral high ground because they were on the winning side of the 2016 EU referendum result.  I stated over a year ago that martial law should be introduced if necessary to implement the democratic 2016 EU referendum result and nothing has made me change my mind since about that prospect.  In a country that has large numbers of MPs who don't respect democracy there shouldn't be any complaints if tanks are brought onto the streets to bring back order.

Edited by Lockdoctor

22 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The only thing I would tell Bedforshire Police  is to spend more time investigating real crimes  and arresting real criminals.

As stated there is no excuse for fake death threats.  Leave voters have the moral high ground because they were on the winning side of the 2016 EU referendum result.  I stated over a year ago that martial law should be introduced if necessary to implement the democratic 2016 EU referendum result and nothing has made me change my mind since about that prospect.  In a country that has large numbers of MPs who don't respect democracy there shouldn't be any complaints if tanks are brought onto the streets to bring back order.

So now you know better than all the police forces on the matter of death threats too :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

.As stated there is no excuse for fake death threats.  Leave voters have the moral high ground because they were on the winning side of the 2016 EU referendum result.  

As you have been told many, many times that neither side won the referendum given that neither side got the support of 40% of the electorate.

Love your ‘martial law’ idea. Totally backs up the narrative that many Brexiteers are completely bonkers right wingers. 

10 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

What a difference a few days make.

It wasn't long ago on here that Brexiters were described as old, harmless, immobile, apathetic, dying vegetables, not capable of walking on a demonstration, and not motivated enough.

Now it seems they're dangerous hoardes, capable of rampaging, rioting, threatening, murdering! 

Make your minds up.

They’re not a dangerous horde, but their ranks do include some individuals with potential to commit terrorist acts. We know that as it’s already happened. Looks to me that certain Brexit leaders are calling out to those people, and to ramp up the fear all they need is a single serious attack. Calls to riot won’t be responded to, and that could make the dangerous individuals even more desperate.

Its a dangerous game. And it won’t end well.

Edited by I1L2T3

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As you have been told many, many times that neither side won the referendum given that neither side got the support of 40% of the electorate.

And as you have been told many, many times it is the majority of the electorate that vote on the day that count so basing it on the total electorate is both misleading and wrong. On the day there was a 3.8% majority in favour of leave so its simple statistics that leave won.

Unless you have a system of compulsory voting then that is how it will always be judged.

Edited by apelike

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

And as you have been told many, many times it is the majority of the electorate that vote on the day that count so basing it on the total electorate is both misleading and wrong. On the day there was a 3.8% majority in favour of leave so its simple statistics that leave won.

And that justifies making death threats and threatening to riot on the streets?

Whether you like it or not, a minority of UK citizens voted to leave the EU and that minority is now demanding that its wishes are met or it will cause civil unrest.

Are we now to add the word ‘bully’ to the list of adjectives to describe Brexiteers?

57 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And that justifies making death threats and threatening to riot on the streets?

No it doesn't and I never said it did  but warping statistics to make a point is also not justifiable either as it is meaningless.

Whether you like it or not, a minority of UK citizens voted to leave the EU and that minority is now demanding that its wishes are met or it will cause civil unrest.

Its not about what I like but about how you are interpreting those statistics for your own benefit, notice how you have now swapped electorate for citizens!  

I recommend this bit of reading:

http://www.innerworlddesigns.com/circle/book12/pdf/Robert Thouless - Straight And Crooked Thinking.pdf

Edited by apelike

The best way out of this is to ask the electorate what they actually want to do now they know that the Suicide Act (aka Brexit) will impact them to such an extent that their children's children will ask why it was ever considered a sensible thing to do.