Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, apelike said:

What dictatorship? 

Saying we should be supporting the result. Why should we, it's a democracy.

6 minutes ago, apelike said:

The only one in the above that is true and has had any marked effect is that the pound has tanked and that is mainly due to the longevity of the brexit problem. If we had left by now them I'm sure it would have recovered. I have already admitted I voted leave, have given explanations and also stated I will accept what parliament decides.  

Just a post number will do so that I can find it.Thanks

4 minutes ago, apelike said:

I agree it all does but that is politics for you, and one of the reasons that just accepting the status-quo will not help it progress.

nor is the poor making themselves poorer, while those politicians and million (billion)aires make themselves richer on the back of it. stupidity of the highest order

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Johnson is a disgrace to democracy.

Why what has he done to harm it?

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Also, I have a perfect democratic right to oppose things that I disagree with.

If you wish to live in a totalitarian state outside of the EU, there are plenty for you to choose from.

The UK is still (just) a democracy. Get used to it.

You seem to  have ignored the last line of #1596. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with democracy but something is wrong when people use character assassination of those that voted leave simply because they don't like the outcome.

21 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

Not everyone who voted to leave is a right winger and not all remain voters are from the left. I voted to remain and has for being a right winger like you have suggested you are wrong I’m neither left or right.

Don't take it personally. Apparently I've been labelled a right winging brexiteer because I'm not seen to be agreeing with everything from certain remainers on this thread. 

Agree or be labelled as it seems

7 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Just a post number will do so that I can find it.Thanks

Not sure as it was in past brexit threads so have a look at them, as we are now on 8 it may take time!

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

nor is the poor making themselves poorer, while those politicians and million (billion)aires make themselves richer on the back of it. stupidity of the highest order

Let the poor who voted to leave worry about that matter. 

Edited by apelike

Why what has he done to harm it?

You seem to  have ignored the last line of #1596. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with democracy but something is wrong when people use character assassination of those that voted leave simply because they don't like the outcome.

I was replying to post 1594, in which you stated that I should be supporting the result of the referendum. A result that I don’t support .

I even used the quote function to make that clear

Edited by Pettytom

Let the poor who voted to leave worry about that matter. 

NO!! thats whats already been mentioned, its not just them, they are free to punch themselves repeatedly in the face, but the problem with brexit is that punches me and my family in the face too, and all bets are off i wont have that.

Im comfortable...just about, i have no insurances, no savings, no investments, i rent, i get by, ANY price rises, any drop in employment hours affects me so i dont earn or have enough to live on. I'm one of the "poor" i mentioned,

Edited by melthebell

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I was replying to post 1594, in which you stated that I should be supporting the result of the referendum. A result that I don’t support .

I even used the quote function to make that clear

But in your post you were making out that I dont like democracy and should move elsewhere when I have already stated my position.

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

But in your post you were making out that I dont like democracy and should move elsewhere when I have already stated my position.

If you want to live in a non EU dictatorship, there are many to choose from.

Note the word “choose”, that is different from the word “should”

If you choose to stick around here, you’ll have to get used to people disagreeing with you. 

Edited by Pettytom

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Im comfortable...just about, i have no insurances, no savings, no investments, i rent, i get by, ANY price rises, any drop in employment hours affects me so i dont earn or have enough to live on. I'm one of the "poor" i mentioned,

So have your hours been reduced and have price rises? affected you to such an extent that you now dont have enough to live on?

1 minute ago, Pettytom said:

If you want to live in a non EU dictatorship, there are many to choose from.

Note the word “choose”

But I am happy to live in this democracy called the UK so why should I move?

Edited by apelike

2 minutes ago, apelike said:

So have your hours been reduced and have price rises? affected you to such an extent that you now dont have enough to live on?

But I am happy to live in this democracy called the UK so why should I move?

You don’t have to move.

But you do have to accept that people oppose you, will question you and will blame you as they inevitably get poorer.