Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

29 minutes ago, Sidonica said:

So that's your answer to Pettytom's question ' What, specifically, is the upside to Brexit'. You don't give a sh?t what happens to everyone else,...

Where did I state that? 

29 minutes ago, Sidonica said:

...people have already lost jobs and there will be more to come, it has already impacted on members of my family and if it's not stopped will affect my grandchildren's lives and lot more besides.  Is ruining peoples lives your aim in life? 

I have lost my job twice and not because of me and yet I have been able to get another, strange that innit!  

Now, how has this impacted on your family when brexit has not happened yet? Why and how will it effect your grandchildren?

As for ruining peoples lives blame that on politics and not me as there was no need to hold a referendum in the first place and it was only done for political gain.

1 minute ago, Sidonica said:

Could it possibly be because there is no comparison between a GE and leaving the Eu? 

Yes there is as both change the order of things and both were secret ballots. 

Edited by apelike

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

after all a GE has the same impact on all as well.

Really?

Name a single election manifesto promise since the second world war which has has as major an effect on the UK as leaving the EU would.

(or anything near it.)

You asked  'Where did I state that? ' You didn't I was commenting that you had not replied to pettytoms question.

As for how my family has been affected by Brexit when it hasn't happened yet. A member of my family has been

made redundant and told that it was due to Brexit (not the only one by the way there are more) and there are plenty of 

others who have lost jobs due to the uncertainty of brexit.  

If you don't know NOW how this will affect every bodies children and grandchildren there really is no hope. Carry on

believing it couldn't possibly be your fault if it makes you happy,  they say ignorance is bliss

19 minutes ago, apelike said:

Yes you can ask but do you do the same after a GE and ask why people voted differently to you? This is the very first time I have encountered that attitude as after all a GE has the same impact on all as well.

It really isn’t the first time that various shades of political opinions have been debated but perhaps not in such heated terms.

If the Brexit supporters on here were to ask why Remainers voted that way,I am sure that there would be no shortage of reasoned responses.

I think Remainers keep asking Why.of the leavers is because they cannot understand the rationale.

Immigration which I have no doubt played a great part in swaying the vote can hardly be discussed.

I can understand the concern in some communities,but there was much deliberate misinformation stirred up on this subject by Farage in particular.

As far as the economy is concerned I have always believed that our best position is part of the EU.

Making our own laws.....we always have done.

Sovereignty ......what does that mean in reality?

So it’s not a criticism of the Brexit camp,just what do you see that we don’t?

It just seems to have gone way beyond any reasoned response and turned into a dogmatic “That’s how we voted.Full Stop.

38 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really?

Name a single election manifesto promise since the second world war which has has as major an effect on the UK as leaving the EU would.

(or anything near it.)

We all know that and election manifesto is not worth the paper it is written on as it, just like the referendum, is also non binding. But one that did have a major effect was the Conservative manifesto regarding the Maastricht treaty, which incidentally should have gone to a referendum. Labour also had it in their manifesto I believe. But to be currently topical.. for Major to get it passed he also had to force a vote of no confidence in his government. 10 rebel MP's also had the whip withdrawn by Major so it has similarities to what is happening now. For some strange reason though the section with details of that have now been deleted from John Majors site. He it seems also prorogued parliament to stop any debate on the cash for questions scandal.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1162365/brexit-news-john-major-boris-johnson-eu-european-union-prorogue-parliament-spt

But getting back to the post, I don't think it is possible to compare anything to leaving the EU especially as it has not happened yet and what is yet to happen is unknown.

15 minutes ago, Sidonica said:

If you don't know NOW how this will affect every bodies children and grandchildren there really is no hope.

As you made the statement I am asking you to explain, so what major affects will it have that are so disastrous? BTW I have children and grandchildren also.

Edited by apelike

8 minutes ago, RJRB said:

It just seems to have gone way beyond any reasoned response and turned into a dogmatic “That’s how we voted.Full Stop.

I have already explained in the past why I voted the way I did and I am not going to constantly repeat or justify that every-time someone asks. 

13 minutes ago, apelike said:

I have already explained in the past why I voted the way I did and I am not going to constantly repeat or justify that every-time someone asks. 

As I asked a long time ago now, are you that scared of democracy?

In the finance sector, you know the industry that stops us being a third world country, has reported by the FT that due to Brexit and the uncertainty behind it, it has seen the NYSE take over the LSE and move into the top spot. China and France are set to climb above the LSE in the next two years. This is in anticipation of the LSE losing passporting across the EU and the European Banking Authority having finished relocating from London to Paris a couple of months ago. Nobody is investing in the square mile in London. To put it simply, we are being left for dead.  

46 minutes ago, Sidonica said:

You asked  'Where did I state that? ' You didn't I was commenting that you had not replied to pettytoms question.

As for how my family has been affected by Brexit when it hasn't happened yet. A member of my family has been

made redundant and told that it was due to Brexit (not the only one by the way there are more) and there are plenty of 

others who have lost jobs due to the uncertainty of brexit.  

If you don't know NOW how this will affect every bodies children and grandchildren there really is no hope. Carry on

believing it couldn't possibly be your fault if it makes you happy,  they say ignorance is bliss

Indeed, me and 18 others were made redundant in 2017 and market uncertainty PLUS brexit was mentioned

5 hours ago, apelike said:

The fact that people got to chose whether they wanted to be in or out and that Cameron and politicians of all parties have been shafted! The one thing that many will have noticed however is that despite it being a secret vote, those that voted remain (or not voting at all) and dont like the outcome are demanding leavers give answers to their questions. Never known that before with any secret ballot with GE's. 

I think that it is entirely reasonable to hold Leave voters to account. 

They’ve voted to impoverish the nation. Those of us who didn’t vote to get poorer surely deserve an explanation about why you’ve voted for national self-harm.

Actually, we deserve a much better explanation that the one you gave, which seems to amount to some sort of imagined revenge on the establishment.

Given that half of the establishment are pro Brexit, that seems like a Pyrrhic victory to me.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Indeed, me and 18 others were made redundant in 2017 and market uncertainty PLUS brexit was mentioned

Did you find another job?

On 17/09/2019 at 23:43, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, but yours are different to hobinfoot’s which are different to Angelfire’s which are different to Lockdoctor’s which are different to Penny’s which are different to Robin-H’s which are different to Baron’s which are different to peter’s which are different to Delayed’s which are different to apelike’s which are different to Ecconoob’s which are different to CarBoot’s reasons for leaving the EU. *

At least Remainers all have the same reason for wanting to remain, rather than the 57 varieties of Leavers.

(*apologies to any right wing posters I have missed.)

Not everyone who voted to leave is a right winger and not all remain voters are from the left. I voted to remain and has for being a right winger like you have suggested you are wrong I’m neither left or right.