Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

14 minutes ago, ads36 said:

We've been offered a managed exit (maintaining all the trade benefits of the single market), with a fast tracked Canada style trade deal.

We said no.

We're in this pickle (partly) because of Johnson's lies and ego.

And you think I should back him?

Unless we're still pretending that leaving will be a success, why cheer on this self inflicted damage?

9 minutes ago, Litotes said:

No we shouldn't if you don't believe in it - you should be trying to return democracy to the UK.

Just because the shouty party supports something, it doesn't mean that everyone should when what is being supported will create increased poverty, violence and class divide in the UK.

A reality check for both of you. You're both going to have to  accept whatever way our country leaves the EU on 31st October.   I hope some kind of deal or managed exit will happen, but if our country leaves the EU without a deal then I have no doubt our country will continue to prosper. We are all lucky to live in a democratic country and are much better off than the people of Hong Kong and Moscow who genuinely have something to complain and worry about.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

who might not even be known by "known" promoters etc in some cases

Well unless these bands are playing for free they will be being paid by a promoter somewhere. If they are really that unknown, I doubt they’ll sell a whole bunch of shirts at their shows anyway.

There is also nothing stopping them having shirts made up in the EU if they are doing enough shows there. They will also save money as they will be buying them in €uros an selling them in €uros so no exchange rip off. 👍

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

A reality check for both of you. You're both going to have to  accept whatever way our country leaves the EU on 31st October.   I hope some kind of deal or managed exit will happen, but if our country leaves the EU without a deal then I have no doubt our country will continue to prosper. We are all lucky to live in a democratic country and are much better off than the people of Hong Kong and Moscow who genuinely have something to complain and worry about.

We used to live in a democratic country where our MPs could represent our wishes in parliament.

The undemocratic move of the racist, lying, cheating woman hating PM means that our MPs can't perform the jobs we pay them for - that is not democracy - it is a dictatorship.

1 minute ago, Litotes said:

"Flu vaccines likely to be delayed this winter."

Well done brexiteers, if even one person dies because they didn't get a vaccine because of brexit - it on you.

So we might be able to add 'killer' to cheat, liar, misogynist and racist as descriptions of Boris.

It maybe phasing, 

I was sent an appointment date this morning 25th Sept. for a flu jab, There been plenty of issues in the past with vaccine schedules!

I've always put the seasonal jab delays down to poop-happens!

As for winter deaths, they will happen each year regardless, I'd rather they guess the correct strains than deliver a set of worthless jabs.

As I'm classified  with complicated medical needs and a weakened  immune system,  Boris and the Brexitiers can have a free pass from me, if I croak this winter.

17 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

We are all lucky to live in a democratic country and are much better off than the people of Hong Kong and Moscow who genuinely have something to complain and worry about.

So what you are saying is that it is a mess but don’t panic, it could be worse if we lived in Moscow or Hong Kong.

You are starting to sound increasingly desperate! 🥴

25 minutes ago, Litotes said:

We used to live in a democratic country where our MPs could represent our wishes in parliament.

The undemocratic move of the racist, lying, cheating woman hating PM means that our MPs can't perform the jobs we pay them for - that is not democracy - it is a dictatorship.

Explain to me why our MPs can no longer represent our wishes in parliament. 

14 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Explain to me why our MPs can no longer represent our wishes in parliament. 

Because the racist, lying, cheating woman hating PM has prorogued it - or haven't you been following the news?

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

And now you owe me a new ironymeter.

These things aren’t cheap you know (certainly not with a pound dropping like a stone).

49 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So what you are saying is that it is a mess but don’t panic, it could be worse if we lived in Moscow or Hong Kong.

You are starting to sound increasingly desperate! 🥴

I didn't say it is mess and gave Moscow and Hong Kong as examples of places where people live have something genuine to complain and worry about.

You're the one who is desperate to stay in the EU.  The solution to ease your desperation is to move to an EU member of which there will soon be twenty seven to choose from.

5 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I didn't say it is mess and gave Moscow and Hong Kong as examples of places where people live have something genuine to complain and worry about.

You're the one who is desperate to stay in the EU.  The solution to ease your desperation is to move to an EU member of which there will soon be twenty seven to choose from.

No thanks I already live in an EU state. I’m still fighting to keep things that way.

My kids are gone though. With all the talent they have. With all that investment from the UK taxpayer. Your loss is the EU’s gain. There will be a lot more of that to come once you lunatics have finished destroying the place.

16 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

No thanks I already live in an EU state. I’m still fighting to keep things that way.

My kids are gone though. With all the talent they have. With all that investment from the UK taxpayer. Your loss is the EU’s gain. There will be a lot more of that to come once you lunatics have finished destroying the place.

Well said - we should fight for for what we believe in, including democracy and a stable country.

All the brexiteers have done is devalue the £, drive investment overseas, split the country and promote xenophobia - apart from that it has been a success...

51 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Because the racist, lying, cheating woman hating PM has prorogued it - or haven't you been following the news?

I have been following it yes. 

How has proroguing parliament meant that MPs can no longer represent their wishes in parliament? Yes, parliament has been effectively shut down for a while, but then that has happened pretty much every year for hundreds and hundreds of years. Were you this angry during the summer recess, as MPs couldn't represent your wishes in parliament then either..

More importantly, there is still time both before and after the suspension of parliament for MPs to discuss and debate as they wish.