Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not being picky but no it can’t.

The phrase “whoï»żÂ oï»żnly lately adopted .....................his party to become Prime Mï»żinister makes it clear that the reference is to Boris Johnson, as he is the only male family member seeking the premiership.

The fact that janie48 read it the other way I think shows that it indeed can be read either way...

It could be read (albeit more clumsily) that his family changed to be eurosceptic as a tactic to appeal to his party to help his bid to be PM.  

43 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Boris! 😯

My mistake, I now realise I misread your post at first glance. 

I suspected some time ago that Boris was an opportunist, and that's saying the least. 

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

The fact that janie48 read it the other way I think shows that it indeed can be read either way...

It could be read (albeit more clumsily) that his family changed to be eurosceptic as a tactic to appeal to his party to help his bid to be PM.  

Yes that's how I read it at first. 

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Peter Bone isn't in the cabinet.  I am missing your point because proroguing Parliament happens in order for one session to end and a new one to start with the Queen's  speech.  The new session of Parliament can't start any earlier because Parliament doesn't sit during the Party conference season.  There is no reason for any cabinet minister to object to what is happening.

There is no reason why Parliament couldn't be prorogued for the conference season and start afresh with the queens speech the monday after the last conference.

or a government so keen to press on with it's domestic agenda couldn't have prorogued parliament last week to allow the queens speech to start things off afresh on monday.

1 minute ago, janie48 said:

I suspected some time ago that Boris was an opportunist, and that's saying the least. 

The famous story is of him drafting two articles for the Telegraph, outlining the various arguments for leaving or remaining in the EU.

In the pro-EU article he wrote “Britain’s continued membership of the EU would be a “boon for the world and for Europe”  He also wrote “This is a market on our doorstep, ready for further exploitation by British firms. The membership fee seems rather small for all that access. Why are we so determined to turn our back on it”

And pertinent to our earlier discussion about Scotland he also said that Brexit “would cause an “economic shock” and could lead to the breakup of the United Kingdom”

The guy is a total fraud. 😡

2 hours ago, nightrider said:

Yet they did very publicly, before it happened. Now they have all gone rather silent.

You clearly have been to led to believe that  proroguing Parliament is an abuse of power.  I attempted to explain to you that Boris is doing a good thing and not a bad thing by proroguing Parliament. Explaining things to people who don't have an open mind is not my strong point.  The media are to  blame for a lot of the confusion which exists on the Sheffield Forum about the proroguing of Parliament.

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You clearly have been to led to believe that  proroguing Parliament is an abuse of power.  I attempted to explain to you that Boris is doing a good thing and not a bad thing by proroguing Parliament. Explaining things to people who don't have an open mind is not my strong point.  The media are to  blame for a lot of the confusion which exists on the Sheffield Forum about the proroguing of Parliament.

Incorrect.

I’d explain why, but my head hurts from wall banging.

21 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

There is no reason why Parliament couldn't be prorogued for the conference season and start afresh with the queens speech the monday after the last conference.

or a government so keen to press on with it's domestic agenda couldn't have prorogued parliament last week to allow the queens speech to start things off afresh on monday.

Parliament has been prorogued for the conference season which was the point I made.  It's up to the Government of the day to decide the program of Parliament events  and not the opposition parties.

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

That is hilarious given the circumstances when we have MPs wishing to pass a law saying our country can't leave the EU without a deal.  The truth is  to rule out  a no-deal is the same as our country remaining in the EU.  If you believe Johnson, Gove  and Rees -Mogg  are involved in shenanigans then be honest enough to acknowledge those wishing to take no-deal of the table are also involved in shenanigans.

The majority of Brexit over remaining in the EU was a close run thing and I am sure that most assumed that an orderly exit by negotiation would ensue.

You now suggest that  a no deal Brexit is the only way forward.

In this you are certainly in a minority.

Opportunist politicians have seized the chance to supposedly fulfil the wishes of the people,whilst maintaining and furthering their own political careers.

I can put up with all manner of politicians and people who stand by their convictions ,or honestly change their stance for whatever reason.

To leave with No Deal is so obviously bad for all concerned and I live in hope that it can be avoided.

7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Incorrect.

I’d explain why, but my head hurts from wall banging.

What is incorrect.?  You appear to have self abused yourself with your wall banging.

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

The majority of Brexit over remaining in the EU was a close run thing and I am sure that most assumed that an orderly exit by negotiation would ensue.

You now suggest that  a no deal Brexit is the only way forward.

In this you are certainly in a minority.

Opportunist politicians have seized the chance to supposedly fulfil the wishes of the people,whilst maintaining and furthering their own political careers.

I can put up with all manner of politicians and people who stand by their convictions ,or honestly change their stance for whatever reason.

To leave with No Deal is so obviously bad for all concerned and I live in hope that it can be avoided.

You're entitled to your own personal  opinion.  Others don't believe to leave the EU with no-deal is so obviously bad for all concerned and it was our Parliamentary democracy which made leaving the EU without a deal the default legal position.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Once again we have the phrase “not as bad”.

Just give us a little bit of good news on the lines of what is to be better than the status quo.

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

Once again we have the phrase “not as bad”.

Just give us a little bit of good news on the lines of what is to be better than the status quo.

It won’t be any worse than WW2. 

Stop worrying your your little snowflake mind about it.

Trust Boris, and stockpile some food and meds.