Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

3 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

What a ridiculous stance. Were you piking around the curtain in the polling booth?

No.

I’ve just read the drivel that he’s posted since the referendum. And I’ve used that as evidence that he’s got truth issues 

Feel free to have a look at his posting history 

Edited by Pettytom

The personal comments end here.

Discuss the topic, not each other please.

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

No.

I’ve just read the drivel that he’s posted since the referendum. And I’ve used that as evidence that he’s got truth issues 

Feel free to have a look at his posting history 

Plenty of people voted remain but think that the UK should leave to respect the result of the referendum. There is even a name for them  - 're-leavers'. I think there was a recent poll that said 35% of remain voters were in that category. 

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Plenty of people voted remain but think that the UK should leave to respect the result of the referendum. There is even a name for them  - 're-leavers'. I think there was a recent poll that said 35% of remain voters were in that category. 

Then logic would dictate that more than 45% of Leave voters have now become Remain supporters as there has been an approximate shift of 10% from leave to remain since 2016.

Also it can be assumed that most of those people would vote remain again in another referendum.

13 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I concur, but didn't know I am a re-leaver.  That's a new term I hadn't previously heard.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Oh dear, Farage has just been told to do one by the Conservatives over his no-deal electoral pact proposal..

With the Leave vote looking to be split down the middle, there’s no better time for Labour to dump Corbyn and become a full on Remain party.

12 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Oh dear, Farage has just been told to do one by the Conservatives over his no-deal electoral pact proposal..

With the Leave vote looking to be split down the middle, there’s no better time for Labour to dump Corbyn and become a full on Remain party.

Good luck  for the Labour Party in getting a credible leader in place before the next General Election.  How long do their leadership elections normally take to conclude?   I seem to recall Lord John Mann stating the Labour Party would have a landslide victory at the next General Election,  if Corbyn wasn't the Labour Party leader.  Perhaps the Labour Party will have a new leader in place ready for the 2024 General Election.

Edited by Lockdoctor

21 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I concur, but didn't know I am a re-leaver.  That's a new term I hadn't previously heard.

There's an article about it here (although it's a couple of years old now). 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/05/12/forget-52-rise-re-leavers-mean-pro-brexit-electora

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

There's an article about it here (although it's a couple of years old now). 

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/05/12/forget-52-rise-re-leavers-mean-pro-brexit-electora

Thanks for the link. I look forward to hearing Top Cats Hat analysis of the 68% Pro Brexit statistic.

31 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

If there was a new referendum, which way would you vote?

2 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Thanks for the link. I look forward to hearing Top Cats Hat analysis of the 68% Pro Brexit statistic.

More recent polls suggest that figure has gone down since 2017 (it was about 54% in the last poll I saw).

I suspect that is because whilst some remainers are happy to leave the EU to respect the referendum, they aren't willing to leave the EU if that means leaving without a deal. If it became clear we were leaving with a deal, I imagine that figure would go up again.