Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

To be fair, that does have nothing to do with Brexit. India is becoming a much wealthier country as it develops, and has overtaken the UK. That was always going to happen.  

It hasn’t happened to France or Germany though.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

It hasn’t happened to France or Germany though.

What hasn't happened? 

France has been overtaken by India. We are still currently above France also. Germany hasn't been overtaken by India no, they are a bigger economy than the UK, and so won't be overtaken for a while longer. It will happen tho. 

I assume you're not arguing that the reason the UK was overtaken by India was because of Brexit, as that would be rather strange!

Edited by Robin-H

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

A hilarious comedy scribble.  You should ask the moderators to change your user name to Walter Mitty.   No body ever has to apologise to a wine merchant when you are a customer.  If you think that France has a better image on the World stage than the UK then you should move there  permanently  in order to remain in the EU after 31st October.

I was in St Emilion this very morning and that’s what I did.  

Believe it, or not, some of us take the brunt of this Brexit nonsense, whilst trying to keep good relationships with people that we need, or respect.

You might need to look up the word “respect”

If you wish to pop round in a few weeks, I have a couple of cases  of decent red to share. That should prove where I’ve been.

59 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

How many times do I have to state I voted  to REMAIN in the EU?   The answer I wanted on the 24th June 2016 was to remain in the EU.  I respect democracy which is why I now support leaving the EU.  My line of thinking is most certainly not flawed because I believe  in democracy and respect the results of democratic elections.

You can state it AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE.

But please remember, repeating something endlessly doesn’t make it true.

It just makes it into a boring lie.

14 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Surprised you didn't mention the fantastic help we got from the 2.5 million Indians , the biggest ever volunteer army.

All the commonwealth countries helped to fight against evil during World War II  I thought Melthebell is from Whitby which is a long way from India. I am puzzled by the relevance of your comment.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

All the commonwealth countries helped to fight against evil during World War II  I thought Melthebell is from Whitby which is a long way from India. I am puzzled by the relevance of your comment.

NO, im FROM sheffield, ;) hence why im on this forum

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You're embarrassing yourself.  I am not the only Remain voter in the country who respects the democratic 2016 EU referendum result.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

My apologies,  I thought you were from Whitby or lived there.

Edited by Lockdoctor

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

You're embarrassing yourself.  I am not the only Remain voter in the country who respects the democratic 2016 EU referendum result.

You tell many people that they are “embarrassing themselves “

Please choose a different insult. That one is worn out and boring now 

23 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I assume you're not arguing that the reason the UK was overtaken by India was because of Brexit, as that would be rather strange!

I’m not claiming it was because of Brexit, I was pointing out to Lockdoctor that Britain’s economy is on the slide and that Brexit would further that slide.

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

You tell him Mel. 

I’m not sure where he gets off talking about where folk are from.

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

...., the electorate are exercising their democratic right to change their minds.

As pointed out before, the electorate may have the democratic right to change their minds but the electorate are not the ones in charge as that burden is on the government and parliament. The electorates only democratic involvement is to vote and only then if parliament so deems it to be. Who is eligible to vote on any issue is also set by parliament as we have already seen in this referendum.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

What a ridiculous stance. Were you piking around the curtain in the polling booth?