Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

11 minutes ago, kaytie said:

I bought two André Rieu CDs with the glorious Ode To Joy (what an anthem .. puts  UK dismal dirge to shame) and am planning to blast it out and sing (!) along at the hour of doom.

As to those 50p,  I will refuse to accept them and insist upon alternative coins. 

I get the sentiment, but give it to charity or something - throw it into the sea, don’t make some shop assistants day needlessly more tedious.

52 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I also intend to Listen to Beethoven's live version of 'Ode to Joy' performed by Dutch conductor Andre Rieu, and accompanied by the Johann Strauss Orchestra. It is an excellent piece of music. 

So many great composers, such wonderful food and drink. Europe has it all.

Well, you'd better stock up, because -as I said- that sentiment does not appear to be shared by those in charge: https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tory-mp-andrew-rosindell-bans-french-and-german-wine-from-brexit-celebration-party-1-6484867

;)

22 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I get the sentiment, but give it to charity or something - throw it into the sea, don’t make some shop assistants day needlessly more tedious.

Hang on to them a bit, won't be long before Johnson calls for pots'n'pans (and assorted other metallic objects) donations. 

Can't build those Spitfires out of thin air, you know ;) :D

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Well, you'd better stock up, because -as I said- that sentiment does not appear to be shared by those in charge: https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/tory-mp-andrew-rosindell-bans-french-and-german-wine-from-brexit-celebration-party-1-6484867

;)

Hang on to them a bit, won't be long before Johnson calls for pots'n'pans (and assorted other metallic objects) donations. 

Can't build those Spitfires out of thin air, you know ;) :D

I don't approve of such petty jingoism.

It's only ever been the legal and political entity the European Union that I am opposed to - not European culture, the European People's or European food and drink. 

12 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

I don't approve of such petty jingoism.

It's only ever been the legal and political entity the European Union that I am opposed to - not European culture, the European People's or European food and drink. 

Yep, there's definetly a level of smugness and little more than point scoring rather than debate in most of Loob's posts. 

I can now see what Tony meant in post #4212:

This is why many people don't bother here any more. Any chance of conversation is met with a salami-sliced response that reinterprets, distorts and misrepresents in order to win some point that the other person didn't make and cares even less about. It's playground hair pulling and definitely not Oxford Union debate.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Yep, there's definetly a level of smugness and little more than point scoring rather than debate in most of Loob's posts. 

I can now see what Tony meant in post #4212:

As Tony indeed posted, this isn't the Oxford Union debate: it's a small regional forum, so I don't know why he, and now you, would expect it to be Oxbridge-grade (and still less so, when details-oriented and -heavy 'Oxford Union' debate in here, soon gets suppressed/shut down by posters with one liner dogwhistles, regular as clockwork).

Feel free to elevate the debate anytime you wish. Because of late,  it's not exactly been Fintan O'Toole-esque in here.

Wow just seen Farages final speech and our MEPs waving their little flags (breaking the rules), how childish, how petty, how petulant and sad does it make the UK look? like a nation full of petty children

13 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You got that the wrong way round. The Irish woman was the petty one.  Nigel Farage is correct the UK has proved it is too big to bullied by the EU.

nope, just watched it on youtube, its petulant, cringeworthy, embarrassing and as somebody mentioned about just stinks of jingoistic symbolism

jingoistic symbolism.

Not something you hear every day or indeed see written...!

I'm not entirely sure what it means...But I like it.!

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

You got that the wrong way round. The Irish woman was the petty one.  Nigel Farage is correct the UK has proved it is too big to bullied by the EU.

Farage and his gang of morons were an international embarrassment. I hope they disappear into obscurity and are never seen again.

Farage showing what a petty little Engerlander he is.

Impressing no-one, embarrassing many - good riddance - now he will just draw his 30 pieces of silver from his gravy train that he has denied to future generations.

He must be sitting in Smugland with his pretty pot of gold made from the toils of other wondering which generation of lives he can ruin next.

34 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Farage showing what a petty little Engerlander he is.

Impressing no-one, embarrassing many - good riddance - now he will just draw his 30 pieces of silver from his gravy train that he has denied to future generations.

He must be sitting in Smugland with his pretty pot of gold made from the toils of other wondering which generation of lives he can ruin next.

You seem to forget that the UK can re-join the EU in the future if those future generations want to so nothing has been denied them. Now concentrate on those who actually run (if that is the correct word) the EU and see whether they are worth the salary they get as its those that run the gravy train that benefit most.

You need to come to terms with your bitterness to anything leave related as you seem to be overwhelmed by it.