Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

They're not going to show Braveheart so we can all bellow "FREEDOM" at the telly ???

Or Groundhog Day

Or Debbie Does Dallas

It seems brexiteers are still moaning:

Now its that outside the EU we won't get a say on things that affect us - well what did they think was going to happen?

9 minutes ago, nightrider said:

Now its that outside the EU we won't get a say on things that affect us - well what did they think was going to happen?

At the risk of contradicting myself that this thread should be closed, quote from today's 'i' newspaper. 

"Britain is definitely leaving the EU on 31 January.  There will DEFINITELY NOT BE ANY LAST MINUTE REPRIEVE." 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, nightrider said:

Unchecked EU control? 

The fishing quotas for 2020 were set in December last year, when we were obviously still part of the EU. These quotas will cover the transition period. Beyond that it'll be  different kettle of fish.... I don't see the problem? 

Edited by Robin-H

14 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Unchecked EU control? 

The fishing quotas for 2020 were set in December last year, when we were obviously still part of the EU. These quotas will cover the transition period. Beyond that it'll be  different kettle of fish.... I don't see the problem? 

Well why is she moaning about it then? She chose to give up her place in the EU.

Besides, UKIP have never been interested in fishery policy anyway, just look at Farage's attendance record.

3 minutes ago, taxman said:

Well why is she moaning about it then? She chose to give up her place in the EU.

Besides, UKIP have never been interested in fishery policy anyway, just look at Farage's attendance record.

The fact we are leaving the EU is completely irrelevant when it comes to fishing quotas that were agreed when we were in the EU that only cover the transition period. 

I have no idea why she is complaining, and I have no idea why people are claiming this is somehow a consequence of us leaving the EU... 

1 minute ago, Robin-H said:

I have no idea why she is complaining, and I have no idea why people are claiming this is somehow a consequence of us leaving the EU... 

It's just highly ironic that this UKIP/Brexit MEP is complaining about not having a say in EU fisheries policy when that was what she wanted all along.

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

At the risk of contradicting myself that this thread should be closed, quote from today's 'i' newspaper. 

"Britain is definitely leaving the EU on 31 January.  There will DEFINITELY NOT BE ANY LAST MINUTE REPRIEVE." 

Why close it ?

All the foregoing is just opinion and speculation prior to Brexit.

The next year or two should give us plenty to discuss based on reality.

15 minutes ago, taxman said:

It's just highly ironic that this UKIP/Brexit MEP is complaining about not having a say in EU fisheries policy when that was what she wanted all along.

Not really. 

She's complaining that the UK will still be bound by EU fishing policy during the transition period, and (incorrectly) thinks that the EU will have 'unchecked control' during this period. She therefore thinks the UK should have an oversight mechanism during the transition period. This of course isn't really necessary, as the quotas for the transition period have already been agreed. 

It would be ironic if she was asking for the UK to have a say on EU fishing policy after the transition period (when we are no longer bound by them) but that's not what she's saying.