Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, alchemist said:

I agree with the PM's stance.  You want it, you pay for it.

Personally I dont understand what all the obsession with one particular clocks striking machanism is about

Weren't it the idiot Johnsons idea.  The bell doesn't need the big bong its Johnson who needs it to waken him up. Clown. :loopy:

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

At 11.00pm on 31st January it will be a time for celebration and Big Ben should bong.  We have wasted billions contributing to the EU budget over the years.

So lets waste more money. :loopy:

45 minutes ago, West 77 said:

At 11.00pm on 31st January it will be a time for celebration and Big Ben should bong.  We have wasted billions contributing to the EU budget over the years.

I will be in bed at 11pm, you might get more people celebrating if they make it 10pm or even 9pm.

20 minutes ago, West 77 said:

How much money is wasted every New Year's  in London for the fireworks display?  The ticket sales only partially fund the event.  Brexit Eve is a one off event never to be repeated and it's a chance to show the World we have become a sovereign nation again.  I will be celebrating at 11.00pm on 31st  January as will many others who have pride in their country.

To be honest some people just celebrate anything  (very sad lives)  anyhow don't count your chickens we are not out yet.  There is a bumbling fool representing this country. :suspect:

3 hours ago, apelike said:

Who will be paying this?

Could I nominate Brexit Party ex-MEPs?

With a €153k severance pay from the EU each, and 29 of them (=€4.4m), not only can they can well afford it...but after all, it's their "success" which peeps in a celebratory mood want to toast on 31/01.

Am I right or am I right? :D

PS: we'll be drinking Champagne here, celebrating the end of Mr Farage and associates' collective presence at the EU Parliament.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

legend has it (no idea if its true or not) weve already wasted more on brexit than all the money weve given to the EUs budget while we've been a member....and we aint left yet

31 minutes ago, West 77 said:

We will still be in the EU at 9.pm  and 10.pm .  When it's 11.00pm in the UK  it will be midnight in Brussels when we officially leave the EU.  I've no doubt millions will start celebrating earlier but 11..00pm will be the significant moment in time.

It will be a National Celebration for many, and a time to reflect on the last three and a half years.

Leave voters during this time were ducking and diving about, with all kinds of insults being flung at them. So I honestly never thought that the Remain Establishment would permit Brexit to go ahead. I guess there is still time for it to be called off and to undo a democratic decision. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

18 minutes ago, West 77 said:

We're home and dry now Brexit is going to happen.   The insults against leave voters have been terrible.  Lies were touted that voters had changed their mind in order to justify another referendum.  If voters had changed their mind then the Tory party wouldn't have won a 80 seat majority at the General Election.  The celebrations on 31st January will be all the more sweeter than if we had left on 29th March last year.  When we didn't leave last March I thought Brexit wasn't going to happen but thanks to the General Election result our time in the EU will be over at 11.00pm on 31st January.  

Or much more likely Tory remainers (and quite a few other people) saw Brexit as the lesser of two evils when compared to a Corbyn led government. 

Pro-remain / 2nd referendum parties got more votes than pro Brexit parties - but first past the post works in a completely different manner to a referendum.

5 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Don't you know. :huh:

Well yes I do, just wondered if you did as it seems to read from your reply that it was not being crowdfunded.

As someone else has stated if the public want to contribute then let them.

58 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Or much more likely Tory remainers (and quite a few other people) saw Brexit as the lesser of two evils when compared to a Corbyn led government. 

Very dodgy and doubtful.

58 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Pro-remain / 2nd referendum parties got more votes than pro Brexit parties - but first past the post works in a completely different manner to a referendum.

And as the FPTP system is the way it goes in the UK for elections the fact that pro-remain/2nd referendum parties got more votes makes no difference. Everybody who voted for them should have already known that the likelihood of them winning and/or Swinson being PM was very remote to say the least.

9 minutes ago, apelike said:

Well yes I do, just wondered if you did as it seems to read from your reply that it was not being crowdfunded.

As someone else has stated if the public want to contribute then let them.

Let whos idea it was pay.

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, West 77 said:

How much money is wasted every New Year's  in London for the fireworks display?  The ticket sales only partially fund the event.  Brexit Eve is a one off event never to be repeated and it's a chance to show the World we have become a sovereign nation again.  I will be celebrating at 11.00pm on 31st  January as will many others who have pride in their country.

Brexit eve - I’ve never heard such tosh.

We already were a sovereign country. Why is it important to show the world we are anyway?