Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 hour ago, retep said:

Well done REMAINERS,

"The price paid gave the illusion of good value. But the bid, when unveiled in July, was at a moment when the pound had been wounded by Brexit shenanigans."

Blame blame blame blame

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Blame blame blame blame

Put where it belongs.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Blame blame blame blame

Get used to it. Remainers are gonna get blamed for any Brexit* negatives for the next 30 years.

* Word only available until 31/01/2020.

58 minutes ago, retep said:

Put where it belongs.

Yes. With those who voted for it.

12 minutes ago, altus said:

Yes. With those who voted for it.

Glad you admit to your mistake.

11 hours ago, retep said:

Glad you admit to your mistake.

They were simply on the wrong side of history.

But the past has gone. We must build for a new tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

I agree with you about the past being the past. I voted to remain and probably would again but saying that I feel quite comfortable with what I think the deal will be with the EU. I honestly think both sides will take a pragmatic approach and will come up with a good deal that suits each other.

Edited by hobinfoot

1 hour ago, Car Boot said:

Not looking good for the workers comrade!
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/18/brexiteers-paid-holidays-millions-britons-eu-working-time-directive-rights

3 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

An old story and a load of bull from.... 2017?

Despite that, the phrase "he would say that wouldn't he" springs to mind. It was written by an executive of the TUC who should also realise that the WTD is not set in stone and many workers can still work over the so called limit of 48 hour a week because they can and want to, and not because they are forced to.

4 hours ago, apelike said:

Despite that, the phrase "he would say that wouldn't he" springs to mind. It was written by an executive of the TUC who should also realise that the WTD is not set in stone and many workers can still work over the so called limit of 48 hour a week because they can and want to, and not because they are forced to.

I'm sure your boss appreciates your desire to work yourself to death for his benefit

of course, if the government were to present and  pass legislation guaranteeing no diminution of workers right then this whole conversation would become moot. 

Edited by andyofborg

18 hours ago, andyofborg said:

I'm sure your boss appreciates your desire to work yourself to death for his benefit.

As said many opt out of the WHD and work overtime because they want to and not because they are forced to.  PS I dont have a boss..

of course, if the government were to present and  pass legislation guaranteeing no diminution of workers right then this whole conversation would become moot. 

Then maybe we should wait first until we find out what they are going to do instead of judging them on what has not happened. It's also worth considering that a great deal of those workers rights were actually put in place by the UK and then later incorporated into EU law.

Edited by apelike

On 26/12/2019 at 14:09, apelike said:

Because they can't afford not to.

On 26/12/2019 at 08:44, Car Boot said:

Let us build the brave new tomorrow as envisaged by comrades Cummings, Johnson, Rees-Mogg, Gove etc - make the rich richer, less for the rest of us.