Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

I don't believe working and middle class Leavers echoing cabinet members' wishes to emulate Singapore for a post-Brexit model, know much about life in Singapore tbh.

It should be fun when they start living it :twisted:

1 hour ago, retep said:

On the democracy index Singapore is 70th out of 167, where 80% of the population live in public housing.

Where you can't buy a car without a government supplied "Certificate of Entitlement".

Hmmmm, inspirational :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

4 minutes ago, Magilla said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50840595

The mechanisms to erode worker rights and individual freedoms enter phase 1 :?

This has been going on for CENTURIES...!

Why do you think the Monetary System works so well... ;)

More for the Rich...Less for the poor...BUT...Make the poor pay for the rich.. ;)

That's how the National Lottery works.... Wink Wink. 

Edited by FinBak

5 hours ago, FinBak said:

This has been going on for CENTURIES...!

Why do you think the Monetary System works so well... ;)

More for the Rich...Less for the poor...BUT...Make the poor pay for the rich.. ;)

That's how the National Lottery works.... Wink Wink. 

But once we get it up to a certain 'comfortable' level, we vote to make it worse again, great stuff, as we said, turkeys voting for xmas

On 18/12/2019 at 17:18, Magilla said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50840595

The mechanisms to erode worker rights and individual freedoms enter phase 1 :?

The fist thing the government need to do is outlaw  unions. They have the numbers in the commons to do what they want, so it needs to happen .

5 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

The fist thing the government need to do is outlaw  unions. They have the numbers in the commons to do what they want, so it needs to happen .

[Mrs Merton] So, what first attracted you to fascism? [/Mrs Merton]

7 hours ago, Penistone999 said:

why would they want to do that?

I'm probably out of sync with all these tags that some are levying on others, but I did hear a new one (to me, anyway) last night on the radio, actually concerning "IndyRef2". (God help us!)

"A neverendum"

On 17/12/2019 at 20:34, Baron99 said:

Interesting & a possibly something of a reminder to EU negotiators not to try & play hard-ball during any trade talks. 

https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-news/belgium-all-news/84014/antwerp-will-suffer-most-brexit-job-losses-in-belgium-food-textile-industry-eu27-uk-flemish-government/

They appear to have much to lose? 

Well, well, well. Rumours now circulating that Cummings has told the papers not to use the word Brexit after Feb 1. Then they plan to ask for an extension to the transition for trade talks.

i..e he plans to use the electorate's ignorance against them, again, to convince them "Brexit was done".  Then they can spend years and years negotiating whilst looking like they did what was asked.

Maybe someone can help me with this.

Re: trade negotiations with USA.

What exactly have we got to sell that the USA can't make or do itself, or buy cheaper from other countries?

Genuine question. 

Edited by nikki-red