Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Fiona Bruce is not up to this particular job.There are far better candidates available.

Sheila Fogerty would be up to it.

Edited by RJRB

So, then, consequences of Brexit, episode #3579: where the next British government* announces its intention to set up a paying visa system for EU tourists after Brexit**

*according to current polls, polls of polls, etc.

** all over today's broadsheets, find your own link.

Now, you all remember the watchword from the EU27 in relation to migratory measures, however short-term? That's right: 'fully reciprocated'.

So, don't forget to make your next Continental holidays more cumbersome and expensive next week, vote Conservatives!

Edited by L00b

On 29/11/2019 at 13:31, RJRB said:

Fiona Bruce is not up to this particular job.There are far better candidates available.

Sheila Fogerty would be up to it.

I agree. Shelagh Fogarty –  or Emma Barnett. I don't feel QT is quite the right gig for Fiona Bruce.

Senior British diplomat in US quits with tirade over Brexit 'half-truths'

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/06/uk/top-british-diplomat-quits-brexit-intl/index.html

"I have been increasingly dismayed by the way in which our political leaders have tried to deliver Brexit, with reluctance to address honestly, even with our own citizens, the challenges and trade-offs which Brexit involves; the use of misleading or disingenuous arguments about the implications of the various options before us; and some behaviour towards our institutions, which, were it happening in another country, we would almost certainly as diplomats have received instructions to register our concern. It makes our job to promote democracy and the rule of law that much harder, if we are not seen to be upholding these core values at home.

I am also at a stage in life where I would prefer to do something more rewarding with my time, than peddle half-truths on behalf of a government I do not trust"

Basically the brexiteers are lying through their teeth, taking a lead from that master liar Trump.

Our own PM, a self-confessed cheat, a liar, a racist and a sexist isn't fit to lead a fancy dres parade and yet people on here think that he is fit to lead us off the cliff-edge that is Brexit.

When the country commits suicide (and I am convinced that the propaganda machine that is behind the illegal brexit camp will get the UK out) they will blame the remainers for the state that the country descends into.

It is your own making - don't blame anyone else!

You have only yourselves to blame.

On 03/12/2019 at 15:36, L00b said:

So, then, consequences of Brexit, episode #3579: where the next British government* announces its intention to set up a paying visa system for EU tourists after Brexit**

*according to current polls, polls of polls, etc.

** all over today's broadsheets, find your own link.

Now, you all remember the watchword from the EU27 in relation to migratory measures, however short-term? That's right: 'fully reciprocated'.

So, don't forget to make your next Continental holidays more cumbersome and expensive next week, vote Conservatives!

If cheaper and less cumbersome continental holidays are the very best that the EU Patriarchy has to offer the British worker, then we need to Leave. No wonder Remain couldn't persuade us that the EU capitalist club benefits all.

Say NO to austerity - whether from Britain OR Brussels!

Repeal anti-trade union EU court rulings NOW!

Let's get the the divorce from the EU over and done with then we can move on and start new relationships.

Our marriage to the EU has become very acrimonious. It's time to separate and move on, no point clinging to a failed relationship.

Edited by Car Boot

1 minute ago, Car Boot said:

Let's the the divorce from the EU over and done with then we can move on and start new relationships.

Yeah, let Trump screw the NHS and Putin continue to try to rebuild the former Soviet Empire - Cummings / Johnson seems very happy with those outcomes.

26 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Yeah, let Trump screw the NHS and Putin continue to try to rebuild the former Soviet Empire - Cummings / Johnson seems very happy with those outcomes.

The world very much needs the equality and stability of the USSR. Sadly, this is not on offer.

10 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

The world very much needs the equality and stability of the USSR. Sadly, this is not on offer.

Lol - an old Stalinist - equal rights for the "enemies of the state" - salt mines or a bullet in the head. And tanks for Hungary and the Czechs - now that's what I call stability.

Odd isn't it, how the far right nationalists predominate in the old Soviet bloc 😎

Edited by Longcol

This thread needs locking and the key thrown away forever.

There is no point debating Brexit anymore, it just leaves everyone stressed out or bored to death. 

Nothing positive ever happens from this discussion. Toxic and tiring.

On 6 December 2019 at 23:44, Car Boot said:

If cheaper and less cumbersome continental holidays are the very best that the EU Patriarchy has to offer the British worker, then we need to Leave. No wonder Remain couldn't persuade us that the EU capitalist club benefits all.

Say NO to austerity - whether from Britain OR Brussels!

Repeal anti-trade union EU court rulings NOW!

Oh it's far, very far from the "very best", as you put it: it is a small advantage amongst the hundreds and thousands of other such small advantages enjoyed by all EU28 citizens equally.

Of course, these notional 'British workers' reading your comment will be heartened to see how you hard Brexit-pushing types apparently care for the freedom of holidaying choice and destination, that they have been enjoying for the past few decades. 

Say NO to austerity, says CarBoot : stop spending your hard earned on foreign holidays!

(logic optional...it is a CarBoot argument, after all)

On 8 December 2019 at 09:29, crookesjoe said:

This thread needs locking and the key thrown away forever.

There is no point debating Brexit anymore, it just leaves everyone stressed out or bored to death. 

Nothing positive ever happens from this discussion. Toxic and tiring.

You don't have to click and read it, you know. Nor to post in it.

The toxicity of Brexit to the UK is quite entertaining, and as far from boring or tiring as one could get, from a political point of view: the daily answer to "how low Brexiteers will go?" (i.e. ever lower for over 3 years on the trot now) never ceases to amaze, as does the enduring gullibility (or apathy - same difference in practice) of the British public.

Case in point: today's Times evangelising Johnson's BNP-worthy immigrant-bashing comments, like it's 2016 all over again. 

Don't worry, the EU27 won't forget, when the times come to reciprocate Tory immigration policies on the 1.6m Brits in the EU. I hope (but doubt) that your NHS will still be in a condition  to cope with all the Brexoded geriatrics from the Costas. Cheap repo'd villas for us, massive care bills for you: sounds fair :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b