Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Just now, retep said:

Who catches the fish?

WOW fishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishing

destroy everything else we have for the possibility of a couple of extra fishing boats

Just now, melthebell said:

WOW fishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishingfishingishingfishingfishing

destroy everything else we have for the possibility of a couple of extra fishing boats

Say that when you're back on the dole.

Just now, retep said:

Say that when you're back on the dole.

Brexit already put me on the dole once, that was manufacturing, if the economy goes bad plenty of us would be on the dole, trouble is there might not be any welfare money for the dole

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Brexit already put me on the dole once, that was manufacturing, if the economy goes bad plenty of us would be on the dole, trouble is there might not be any welfare money for the dole

I thought the article was mainly complaining about the auction "industry". Can't move for auctioneers in Sheffield 😎

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I thought the article was mainly complaining about the auction "industry". Can't move for auctioneers in Sheffield 😎

They've been busy auctioning off our manufacturing industries, even they can't survive without stock.

9 minutes ago, retep said:

They've been busy auctioning off our manufacturing industries, even they can't survive without stock.

Sold off by the British bosses who prefer making a quick buck rather than investing long term like , for example, the Germans.

4 hours ago, Litotes said:

Remind me - what are the upsides of  Brexit?

And provide some substantiated facts please (so no Unicorns or Elven promises).

Brexit will end the control of the unelected, neoliberal Commissioners who are in the pocket of big business and the rule of the anti-trade union, anti-worker, European Court of Justice.

Brexit frees our democratically elected Parliament from the control of those we don’t elect. That is an upside to every Democrat.

Just now, Car Boot said:

Brexit will end the control of the unelected, neoliberal Commissioners who are in the pocket of big business and the rule of the anti-trade union, anti-worker, European Court of Justice.

Brexit frees our democratically elected Parliament from the control of those we don’t elect. That is an upside to every Democrat.

What will it do to our economy?

Why are Widdecombe and Mogg so keen on Brexit?

2 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Brexit will end the control of the unelected, neoliberal Commissioners who are in the pocket of big business and the rule of the anti-trade union, anti-worker, European Court of Justice..

Really?

Then why are the most viciously anti-union and anti-working class elements so desperate to see it happen?

4 hours ago, Litotes said:

Remind me - what are the upsides of  Brexit?

And provide some substantiated facts please (so no Unicorns or Elven promises).

An upside of Brexit is that we can  reject the EU treaties that curtail democracy, encourage social dumping and demand privatisation. The EU has provided a framework in which the larger European capitalists can better pursue their interests at the expense of member states sovereignty and democracy.

Another upside is that those who decide our laws and taxes should be able to be removed by the electorate - membership of the EU does not allow this. 

9 hours ago, retep said:

Here's a clue,

"The EU has destroyed some of our most prosperous industries - and will continue to do so"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/21/the-eu-has-destroyed-some-of-our-most-prosperous-industries---an/

This article, is full of easily proven lies*.

Everything Brexit is built on lies, jingoism, and unicorns.

*It claims that British fishing is restricted to a 12mile limit from the coast. This simply isn't true.

I particularly like the bit where the journalist attacks the EU for the damaging restrictions on testing genetically modified crops. I wonder how hard we'd have to look to find a telegraph article warning us about modified crops...

Edited by ads36

8 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I've news for you. The Commission is elected.

Unlike the British Civil Service. They are not elected but you want them in charge. Most irregular and inconsistent of you.