Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

The EU serves big business and the wealthy.

The EU serves the prosperous.

The EU serves the fortunate.

Membership of the EU means bigger profits for business through its four freedoms and poverty for the workers. Time to Leave.

5 hours ago, Car Boot said:

The EU serves big business and the wealthy.

The EU serves the prosperous.

The EU serves the fortunate.

Membership of the EU means bigger profits for business through its four freedoms and poverty for the workers. Time to Leave.

More mistaking the EU for the Tories.

Who was it worried that the LibDems will split the Remain vote 😎

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/390025-the-liberal-democrats-all-discussion-here-please/page/42/?tab=comments#comment-8303932

Are you trying to deter people from voting Labour?

5 hours ago, Longcol said:

More mistaking the EU for the Tories.

Who was it worried that the LibDems will split the Remain vote 😎

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/390025-the-liberal-democrats-all-discussion-here-please/page/42/?tab=comments#comment-8303932

Are you trying to deter people from voting Labour?

Unfortunately, the ones responsible for deterring people from voting Labour, are the policy makers within the Labour party.  

I had pinned my hopes on Corbyn until his dithering about Brexit.  Sadly, in announcing that Labour's policy is to hold a second referendum, he has left traditional Labour voters out to dry, and, as this is a Brexit election, people like myself, may find themselves having to do the unspeakable and for the first time ever, put a cross at the side of the Conservative candidate, as I can not justify voting for a party that refuses to act on the result of the 2016 referendum.

Edited by Lex Luthor

7 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Unfortunately, the ones responsible for deterring people from voting Labour, are the policy makers within the Labour party.  

I had pinned my hopes on Corbyn until his dithering about Brexit.  Sadly, in announcing that Labour's policy is to hold a second referendum, he has left traditional Labour voters out to dry, and, as this is a Brexit election, people like myself, may find themselves having to do the unspeakable and for the first time ever, put a cross at the side of the Conservative candidate, as I can not justify voting for a party that refuses to act on the result of the 2016 referendum.

But you don't mind voting for food banks, continuing attacks on the NHS and a border in the Irish Sea? How odd.

8 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

How so? Are all "traditional Labour voters" also Leave voters now?

Or just you?

Edit: judging from all the other polls that have followed  the debate last night (i.e. those polls studiously ignored by the BBC and ITV, aside from the YouGov one giving a 49/51 split between Johnson amd Corbyn for voting intentions), I really wouldn't worry about the notion of "people being deterred from voting Labour". Because clearly, they're not. You might wish to reflect a bit on your proposed Tory vote instead, when so many non-Labour voters are apparently far more deterred from voting Tory! :D

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Or just you?

Edit: judging from all the other polls that have followed  the debate last night (i.e. those polls studiously ignored by the BBC and ITV, aside from the YouGov one giving a 49/51 split between Johnson amd Corbyn for voting intentions), I really wouldn't worry about the notion of "people being deterred from voting Labour". Because clearly, they're not. You might wish to reflect a bit on your proposed Tory vote instead, when so many non-Labour voters are apparently far more deterred from voting Tory! :D

I don't believe any of the polls following the debate last night were about whether people were more or less likely to vote for a particular party, unless I've missed some? 

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Or just you?

I think you will find that the YouGov snap poll following the debate was actually about who performed best and not about voting intentions. It seems to be the only poll taken since the debate as well, with the others taken on 18th and before. According to the FT poll tracker updated today to include that it puts the Conservatives on 42%, Labour 29% and Lib Dems 14%.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/8f9hdjddcr/Internal_Debate_191119_w.pdf

https://www.ft.com/content/263615ca-d873-11e9-8f9b-77216ebe1f17

25 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I don't believe any of the polls following the debate last night were about whether people were more or less likely to vote for a particular party, unless I've missed some? 

No you are correct, see above.

Edited by apelike

31 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

At a guess, all the polls run on Twitter by-

Britain Elects (33k votes, Corbyn 57%, Johnson 28%)

Paul Brand ITV (30k votes, Corbyn 78%, Johnson 22%)

Martin Lewis (23k votes, Corbyn 47%, Johnson 25%)

The Times (8k votes, Corbyn 63%, Johnson 37%)

?

It would have been balance enough from the MSM, to relate the YouGov sub-poll of undecided voters, which -like the above- showed Corbyn well ahead of Johnson for those. But well, that wouldn't be on-message, now, would it?

Stuff for the 2019 election thread, really. Shouldn't have done that edit, as I really don't give two figs about who'll win the GE, since you're all going to lose regardless. I'm more interested in Lex's political post in a Brexit context.

Edited by L00b

1 minute ago, L00b said:

At a guess, all the polls run on Twitter by-

Britain Elects (33k votes, Corbyn 57%, Johnson 28%)

Paul Brand ITV (30k votes, Corbyn 78%, Johnson 22%)

Martin Lewis (23k votes, Corbyn 47%, Johnson 25%)

The Times (8k votes, Corbyn 63%, Johnson 37%)

?

It would have been balance enough from the MSM, to relate the YouGov sub-poll of undecided voters, which -like the above- showed Corbyn well ahead of Johnson for those. But well, that wouldn't be on-message, now, would it?

Stuff for the 2019 election thread, really.

Yes you're right this isn't the right thread, but as apelike states, those polls relate to who performed better, rather than voting intention. Someone can believe that someone performed better and still not want to vote for them. 

13 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Yes you're right this isn't the right thread, but as apelike states, those polls relate to who performed better, rather than voting intention. Someone can believe that someone performed better and still not want to vote for them. 

Someone can indeed, and we'll all find out to what extent that is true -or not- in about 4 weeks' time.

I'll still be munching popcorn, pointing and laughing.

You'll either happily continue to get mushroomed by the Tories, or be scrambling to exfiltrate your assets before McDonnell has even crossed the threshold into no.11 Downing Street :D

Edited by L00b

If somebody has asked this before, I apologise, (I haven't been particularly following this thread,) but could someone tell me if their is any truth in the rumour that the EU is going to have its own army, and are we going to have to accept the Euro eventually? Or are these just propoganda?

Thanks. 

14 hours ago, taxman said:

But you don't mind voting for food banks, continuing attacks on the NHS and a border in the Irish Sea? How odd.

Who said I didn't mind?  Of course I mind.  That's why I feel even more betrayed by Corbyn.

13 hours ago, L00b said:

Or just you?

Did I say all?  But I'm afraid there are a lot more besides me.

And as for polls....

Edited by Lex Luthor