Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

10 hours ago, lottiecass said:

They are and were so why deny it, you hoping it is the opposite doesn't make it true.

They really aren’t. 

That is simple maths.

Really simple maths. 

15 hours ago, lottiecass said:

Your maths , your opinion which means zero.

Not my maths, the maths of the world since 3000 BC! 😄

It has been said recently that there is often great wisdom among the poorest people.

Very true.

The poorest people in this society voted to Leave the EU.

The richest people in this society and extremely wealthy folk living overseas seek to prevent that wisdom from being put into practice.

Leave the EU. Stuff the rich.

16 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

And maybe you could enlighten us as to why they did this?

11 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

It has been said recently that there is often great wisdom among the poorest people.

Very true.

The richest people in this society and extremely wealthy folk living overseas seek to prevent that wisdom from being put into practice.

Leave the EU. Stuff the rich.

And how do you know that?

Almost 28% of the electorate didn't vote. A very high proportion of people in social housing around me certainly hadn't voted by 8pm when I voted (you can see addresses marked off by the tellers). That has been true of every election since the early 90's.

At the time I worked for a homeless charity - of our 300 plus users only a handful voted. We always had difficulty getting people to register - seemed to be a throwback to poll tax.

Most of the people who voted remain I know could hardly be described as rich.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not my maths, the maths of the world since 3000 BC! 😄

So less votes for Brexit then, does it include those who could vote but didn't.

1 hour ago, Longcol said:

And how do you know that?

Almost 28% of the electorate didn't vote. A very high proportion of people in social housing around me certainly hadn't voted by 8pm when I voted (you can see addresses marked off by the tellers). That has been true of every election since the early 90's.

At the time I worked for a homeless charity - of our 300 plus users only a handful voted. We always had difficulty getting people to register - seemed to be a throwback to poll tax.

Most of the people who voted remain I know could hardly be described as rich.

I know because research has shown that the poorer a person is, the more likely they voted to Leave the EU.

Various reports have shown that the poorest households were much more likely to support Leaving the EU than the wealthiest, as were the unemployed, people in low-skilled and manual occupations, people who feel that their financial situation has worsened, and those with no qualifications.

Poor people who hadn't voted in years, or had never voted, came out in large numbers to vote against our membership of the EU rich mans club.  It was a revolt against the rich.

There is often great wisdom among the poorest people. The EU referendum result demonstrates this.

It was largely wealthy young people under 30 from affluent middle class households who couldn't be bothered to vote in the June 2016 referendum.

Edited by Car Boot

58 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Various reports have shown that the poorest households were much more likely to support Leaving the EU than the wealthiest, as were the unemployed, people in low-skilled and manual occupations, people who feel that their financial situation has worsened, and those with no qualifications.

And leaving the EU is going to make low-skilled and manual occupations suddenly pay better? would you be happy if you had spent years learning how to do a highly skilled job and was getting paid the same as someone who's job you could learn in a couple of hours?

2 hours ago, Car Boot said:

I know because research has shown that the poorer a person is, the more likely they voted to Leave the EU.

Poor people who hadn't voted in years, or had never voted, came out in large numbers to vote against our membership of the EU rich mans club.  It was a revolt against the rich.

There is often great wisdom among the poorest people. The EU referendum result demonstrates this.

It was largely wealthy young people under 30 from affluent middle class households who couldn't be bothered to vote in the June 2016 referendum.

Perhaps a poor person could give me a quantifiable benefit for leaving the EU, I haven't heard one from a rich leaver.

With the fake news campaign  kicking off with two stories (Jo Swinson’s husband recieving EU money and Keir Starmer’s doctored This Morning interview on facebook), a serious question for Leave supporters.

If the case for leaving the EU is so strong, why is the repeated use of fake news necessary to convince people of that case? 😳

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If the case for leaving the EU is so strong, why is the repeated use of fake news necessary to convince people of that case? 😳

Because they can't win without it and they know it.

44 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Well you keep using fake news in some of your posts and have only just recently stated that the referendum was discredited but by who is not known.

Unfortunately as people are becoming addicted to mobile phones and social media sites so fake news will now become the norm. Its always been the case but now instead of being called propaganda its now called fake news.

29 minutes ago, Dardandec said:

Because they can't win without it and they know it.

Win what? We have already had a referendum where the winners were declared to be in the majority for leave.

Edited by apelike